Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by MX Racer:
Originally posted by CLASSVT:
I've smoked many a mustang GT's, including a '99+ or two.

smoked? not likely. at least in a stock CSVT vs. a stock mustang gt. we are comparing apples to apples here right?

Actually if he's up against a craptastic driver it's very likely.

against a '99+ gt? no it's not. unless the car was an auto with a fouled plug.

also... note the use of the term "smoked". a 1/10th of a second win does not "smoked" make.

Last edited by MX Racer; 10/26/05 07:25 PM.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Aah forgot about the 99 jump in power. You are correct. Even an auto would win.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
He's got a 3L, which is what he bases his posts off of. I've taken down my fair share of 99+ GT's, and I've even "smoked" an 01+ GT on the top end(100mph+) We have similar setups, so I can justify his answer. Not to say it didn't happen on the track, but anything can happen on the street.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
He's got a 3L, which is what he bases his posts off of. Mark

yeah, i know... that why i said the apples to apples comment... the thread starter is looking to compare two vehicles that he might buy... not ask about modified cars that members own.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
J
jtour Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Thanks for the comments. How about mileage? I see CSVT with 80,000 plus miles. I just wonder once it gets more miles will it be worth fixing and will it be hard to find parts? As for the mustang you can find parts anywhere. Im looking long term here.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Its really going to come down to what you like as a "toy" car.

My CSVT is my daily driver, and I like it that way. My 94 Cobra is my "toy car" doesn't get driven much, usually because I'm messing with something or other on it for fun.

My 94 Cobra is over a second quicker in the 1/4 mile, stock vs. stock w/ the contour, and that's w/ me driving the Cobra like a grandma. The Cobra is also much quicker around anything bigger than an autoX course, even in stock form. And with the Mustang, there is a lot of easy stuff to do to tighten up the handling significantly also.

And pay no attention to the idiots that say RWD is impossible in the winter. It is certainly doable with the right tires, and a little self control. No matter what you are driving, you shouldn't be using summer performance tires in the winter. Get proper winter tires if you are somewhere that gets more than a tiny bit of snow; it will make driving easier, and even more fun. This goes for any kind of car, even FWD. RWD is no more difficult in the snow, just different, and requires a little practice is all.

I've said all that to say this; drive both, and pick what you like best. Both are good choices, depending on your personal preferences.

Now, from a practical standpoint, if you get a Mustang, go for a 94-95 GT or Cobra, you will get a better starting platform for less money, and modifications will be cheaper and easier for more power than for later cars within your budget. If you go for the CSVT, your budget likely limits you to a 98, 98.5 if you are looking for a nice car, though deals can be had for any year. And there are no major differences between any of the CSVT's that should be show-stoppers for any given year.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Rara:

Now, from a practical standpoint, if you get a Mustang, go for a 94-95 GT or Cobra, you will get a better starting platform for less money, and modifications will be cheaper and easier for more power than for later cars within your budget.

if i end up going the two-car route, thats what i plan to do. you can't beat the 302 for parts availability/affordability, and they are still cheap as hell. what kills me is the price of 91-93 fox bodies... especially notchbacks. i've been looking for one since i missed mine so much, but they are getting nearly exactly what i paid for mine 13 years ago ($9K).

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Get a Mustang, cheaper and generaly easier to fix, cheaper go fast parts, more reliable, can be tuned for road or drag racing. Wait why did I get rid of my '89 & '95 gt .

Though if driving in the winter, tires help a ton, and its not impossible to do, but I don't recomend it with a Mustang.

For $5k a nice fox body you can buy, anything later your taking your chances with the price IMO.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
they are getting nearly exactly what i paid for mine 13 years ago ($9K).

Where are you looking? I can find LXs all day long for $4000-$6000.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
they are getting nearly exactly what i paid for mine 13 years ago ($9K).

Where are you looking? I can find LXs all day long for $4000-$6000.

Mark

locally. and i'm mostly referring to notchbacks. i think people think they are a collectors item.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard