Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by akrump47:
Drive both of them and you will know which is right for you.

Personally, I'm not interested in 94-98 mustangs since they're the weakest years, and maybe slower than the CSVT stock.

actually you are wrong for lumping in the 94-95 gt's with the 96-98's...the 94-95's have a 5.0 in them and the 96-98 have the 4.6,and are the weakest years of the stang......and a 94-95 gt will kill a stock csvt in any contest of speed(unless there are alot of sharp curves )stock they will run anywhere from a 14.7 to 15.2 or so depending whether stick or auto and about a 6.0 0-60.....while they may only put out 215 flywheel hp stock,they also make about 285 lb. ft. of torque...

fwiw my '95 gt with MINOR exhaust and intake mods is making 225 rwheel hp,and has run a best of 14.2,and would easily dip into the 13's with sticky tires....also check out stangnet.com,there are guys running deep into the 12's in 94-95's with nothing more than heads,cam,and intakes,even in heavy 'verts...

but to answer your ?,like everyone says it depends on what you want...if you want a toy that is easy and cheap to mod,then you can't go wrong with the stang...but if you want a great handling,fun more practical 4door then the csvt is a great choice,and for the prices they can be had for,they are a steal..

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
All of the reasons people are citing for you to look harder at the CSVTs are exactly the same reasons I'm after one come spring. The Mustangs are very common, two people in my neighborhood have one, I believe.

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
i actually owned one of each at the same time until last week. i sold my 96 mustang gt convertible. very fast! very fun! very UNpractical! had to store it in the winters because of the snow. not the greatest gas mileage at 18-22 with flowmaster exhaust and CAI, but not bad for a V8. and i know everybody's brought this point up once or twice, but everybody has a mustang, granted most of them you see are stock v-6's, but rarely do u see a csvt, (unless your in my town there's 3 of them). insurance, rarity, and gas are all better on the csvt, so it all depends on your priorities. also, it's definitley nice to actually be able to seat more than 2 people in your car!

98' Black SVT Build #1915 of 6535
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I think the mustang is a great car for flash and straight line power, but a CSVT has everything else on it. Better insurance, traction, turning, fuel economy, rarity, resale value, doors, space. The only thing is the CSVT isn't exactly easy to find parts for compared to the mustang. my 2 cents...

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
I think the mustang is a great car for flash and straight line power, but a CSVT has everything else on it. Better insurance, traction, turning, fuel economy, rarity, resale value, doors, space. The only thing is the CSVT isn't exactly easy to find parts for compared to the mustang. my 2 cents...

agreed!...and you get to become a member of a great website filled with wonderfully knowledgeable enthusiasts!

98' Black SVT Build #1915 of 6535
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by louisw:
performance-wise, a GT will go faster than an SVT

I dunno, the stock GT's are quick but not fast. A little modding would be in order for either car. I've smoked many a mustang GT's, including a '99+ or two. They were probably all stock, but I'm yet to lose to one. My girlfriend asked me the other day why I didn't buy a Mustang GT instead of my CSVT, since I'm always commenting about Mustangs. I didn't really have an answer for her, other than rear drive + Indiana winters(where I lived at the time) = Bad Idea. But I'm confident I made the right decision. CSVT with mods is a nice sleeper.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
Better traction, resale value. my 2 cents...

You're on crack!
You're two cents are worth squat!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by CLASSVT:
I've smoked many a mustang GT's, including a '99+ or two.

smoked? not likely. at least in a stock CSVT vs. a stock mustang gt. we are comparing apples to apples here right?

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by MX Racer:

smoked? not likely. at least in a stock CSVT vs. a stock mustang gt. we are comparing apples to apples here right?

i disagree as well...the only mustang i've ever raced was a 5.0gt, manual...and we were even until 80 or so. We started from a roll and didn't really get to see who would have won for sure.

I fyou're talking about one of the 280hp gt's though, you got beat. fo sho.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by MX Racer:

Actually if he's up against a craptastic driver it's very likely.

This CSVT beat this GT at the track by 1/10th

http://svt.sho.tripod.com/pix/svt_vs_gt.jpg

Win is a win.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard