Originally posted by SVTCJ:
If you want a practical fun car, go CSVT.

If you just want a "FUN" car that will only be driven occasionally, I'd buy neither.

I've owned a lot of vehicles and for a vehicle that's only driven every now and then, 2 choices spring to mind:

Overall FUN: Jeep CJ or TJ Wrangler. Yeah I know everybody has one (TJ anyway) but nothing beats a Jeep with the top/doors off for pure fun on and off road. Plus you can drive it a few years and then sell it for near what you paid for it if you get a decent deal. I bought my CJ7 in 1988 and it is worth quite a bit more now than what I paid for it. It is the ONLY vehicle I've ever kept over 5 years. I've never even seriously considered selling it.

FUN car: Rx7 Turbo, 2nd or 3rd gen. Drive one. Be prepared to be amazed at how GOOD it feels, provided it's not ragged out. Incredible balance, handling, and braking. Ferocious acceleration when the boost comes on. The rotary engine on boost is a turbine rush. And when it dies (it will) replace it with an LS1 V8 for Viper killing power-to-weight.

Neither of these choices will be very reliable. But they will both be FUN!

Good Luck!

I have a 1990 jeep cherokee. So I have 4x4 fun already.

Mmmm Im still looking at both but you guys bring up some more good points on both cars

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier