Originally posted by gulfcat:
How did you fare, Tour & carrot?

I'm from Sanibel (off the coast of Fort Myers) and still staying with a friend (who has a generator)in Bonita Springs because we have no power, but we didn't suffer any real damage to the house. Where I work on Sanibel is already back to normal - power & all.

Just got electricity & network back up at work. No power at home until mid-November. Must go shopping for a generator....

House fared well. Lost gutters & a big sign from a shopping center up the road smashed into the side of my car!!! *^$%$()^%)) !!

The eye went over my home & the family went outside with all the neighbors to assess damage from the 1st 1/2 of the storm. Debris everywhere, but no significant damage at that point. The second part of the storm was the worst as everything that was shook up from winds out of the south was then slammed back as the winds came out of the north. Chiz went flyin' everywhere.

My new roof seems to have held up well. I've got to get up on the house to check it out tonight, but all the architectural shingles are in place. My moms house with new roofing did well too. She lost some trees & such, but overall not bad.

My neighbors did not fare so well. They didn't batten down properly & my next door neighbor lost all of his fencing, playground for his daughter, a few windows. Lady across the street had a tree fall down onto her house & smash her florida room, gazebo, & the tree house she had built for her children. Lots of roof damage everywhere for most of the neighbors too.

By the way, cold showers every day suck.

Thank God for my grill. I at least get hot meals.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.