I wouldn't let the fact that someone crashed keep you from coming out and giving it a try. Yes, as with any form of racing, there is a chance of crashes and mechanical breakdowns. As a matter of fact, that made me nervous too, as I would be screwed if something happened to my car. But I learned it's usually only the highly modified guys (or in this case, high powered stock sports car) that have those kind of issues.

If you're that concerned, you could be like one guy that comes out regularly. He has a brand new 350z that he calls a "show car", and he keeps it in mint condition. When he's making a run, and he gets going too fast, he would rather miss a cone and take a DNF than risk scuffing his paint by hitting a cone!

You should at least come out and watch. We're done for this year, but around Feb. or March we'll start back up again, probably at Drumright again. How far is Enid from Drumright? OKC may be closer to you, but I don't usually make it to those.

Roger - "Old Guy" "Every car is a sports car sometime." 1999 White SE Sport V6 MTX 2005 Toyota Sienna - 8 passenger