I just had my Celica spin a bearing in the motor,and that was the end of that. I had no money to actually go out and buy something I wanted,like a MkIII Supra or a 240SX,when my aunt and uncle offered me their '98 Mystique Zetec ATX for $1000. I hummed and hawed about it for a few days. I had always liked the bodystyle of the Contiques,but I didn't really want an automatic. A few days later,I finally decided to buy it and just use it as temporary transportation.

Well,going from a 1987 Toyota to a 1998 Ford is a pretty big jump in style,technology and quality,and after a few weeks of thinking 'oh man,19 years old with a granny car,this sucks' I kept driving the car and a little while later I was bitten by the Contour bug and started to modify the car. I liked the comfort,the style,the practicality and economy. At the time,I'd never heard of CEG,never thought anyone would do these cars up. So I started doing some stuff to it,and then started searching the internet for info and I stumbled across CEG. From there,things took off. I started to do it up a bit, but then I started getting sick and tired of the zetec and atx,so I inquired about a 2.5 swap.

I was told a 2.5 swap from a 2.0 was going to be too costly and difficult and it would almost be cheaper to go buy a new car. So I traded in my love that grew on me for the love I'd had my eye on for a while,a pre98 V6 MTX.

I've never been happier. The Contour has been the best car I've had,I would,and will most definetly buy another one. The bang for the buck you get out of these cars is great.Add in dirt cheap resale value,cheap parts,lots of guys (CEG) with know how and a good base vehicle to modify,the Contour is the perfect practical package. Let the wife take it shopping,then you can take it to the track on the weekend.

I've owned modified Celicas and Mazda RX7s,and my Contour is more fun than them. Especially when people see a done up Contour they're like 'WTF is that?!' and when they see a done up RX7 or Celica they're like 'meh,just another one.'

I like my car because it looks great,both when stock,and now even more so modified,performs and handles well,is extremely comfortable,practical,reliable and economical. I honestly can't think of another car I would buy to replace my Contour with,except for another Contour or Mystique.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction