Originally posted by warmonger:
The absolute best way is to utilize the 65mm shaft and just extend the length correctly before installing the SVT lever.
That is what I do when I convert over the 70mm TB. I've just built two new 70mm TBs, one for Fastcougar who actually has it back already.
Anyway, by having the exact shaft length on the larger TB you get a perfect bolt up without having to bend the cable brackets or have the cables coming out at an angle.

Tom, are you making new shafts the correct length ? I have made one but not a real easy task to get the tabs on both ends at the correct angles. Or do you cut the end off at the lever and make a small spacer to go in between...use a long screw to hold the lever on and spacer? I understand exactly what you are saying about the length of the shaft for the SVT spring and propper location of the linkage lever just wondering how you are doing it?

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew