Originally posted by pole120:
great, if you can measure that SE, i'll do mine tonight as well if i remember.

pole120...
Well here you go...The SE TB shaft is 5.892" end-to-end tabs included and 5.360" end-to-end not counting the tabs. The SVT TB shaft is 5.745" end-to-end including the tabs on each end and 5.352" end-to-end not counting the tabs SVT 60mm TB shaft is slightly shorter then the SE TB shaft...go figure.

Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
So do you think there's any possibility of making the 65mm shaft work with the SVT throttle body? Or would that just defeat the purpose of my using the SVT shaft on my 65mm T/B?
And I'm guessing the 3L T/B shaft would also be too short?

Mark

It's too long for starters. The 65mm's shaft does not let you install the TPS. Also the slit in the shaft does not line up with the 60mm opening.

The 3L 60mm T/B shaft is just like the SVT 60mm shaft. (not too surprising) The only difference is the SVT shaft is a hair longer on the linkage side and of course the linkage is completely different.

If I recall correctly that is kind of wrong...the 65mm Mustang TB shaft is shorter then the 60mm SVT TB shaft. Yes...the plate is offset differently then the SVT...shorter on one end and longer on the other. I have both at work and have been playing with different combinations. The SVT TB shaft will not work on the 65mm TB but the linkage plate from the SVT TB is needed along with some minor mods to the TB. I have been working on a custom bored out SVT TB that is ~66mm and had to make a custom shaft and plate from scratch. I'll measure the 65mm Mustang TB shaft tomorrow and post the length.

SVT TB bored out to ~66mm...bearing wells plugged and remachined out and bearings reinstalled in new location.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew