Originally posted by SonofaNun:

My CSVT has new calipers, SS brake hoses, KVR slotted and drilled rotors w/ KVR CF pads [no shims at all], went light on the grease [cars from the factory don't have grease slopped all over everything], followed the break-in guide lines. Great stopping power and I've never had a problem with noise.

Oh wow, the great Flying Nun lecturing us all on brake dynamics and setups while running blingtastic, jantastic, boulevard pimpin' cross drilled rotors.

FFOG for you pal.

A few declerations to aver against your rampant ignorance:

1. People who run cross drilled rotors are monkeys and also think of aftermarket shift knobs as a "mod."

2. Anyone who doesn't defer to someone with greater experience regarding the topic at hand, you know, like someone who's talking from actually having done "it" is a jackass (read: you, Flying Nunnie Penile Projectile)

3. Running staggered brake compounds, front to rear, cheesedick, is perfectly fine and is a common way to adjust brake bias in cars not equipped with manually adjustable proportioning valves; the utlization of compounds with different co-efficents of friction is a simple way to tune your braking force front to rear and is done ALL THE TIME by people whose brain isn't a wet noodle (read: everyone but you). Brake bias, look it up.

4. You can run a race pad in the front and a street pad in the rear just fine; I did so for years on the street and on the track and it was fine. No ill effects other than the standard added noise and dust on account of the track compound. Gasp, shock, horror ... facts ... what are you going to do, you can't run from facts, they'll find you sooner or later and burn down that Zepplin expanded to capacity with all the hot air you're spewing.

5. Depending on the driver's skill level, the vehicle's mass and the tires used, a high performance street pad or light duty track pad will work fine, can you guess why? Becuase the service envelope of the pads won't be exceeded by the application - care to guess? Because novice driver's aren't fast enough to beat down the equipment. I've used OEM pads in a pinch and simply adjusted my driving style, other novice track drivers go 2, 3 maybe even 4 events on OEM pads and rotors, before they need to replace them. See, there again, is that actually having been there and done it coming back to haunt you; spend less time waxing your Jantastic cross drilled rotors, and spend more time driving and you'll eventually come upon a clue. Then again, you probably won't.

6. Should you open your interweb mouth again on this topic, at least try and get some conductivity between those ears before doing so, because the utter nonsense in your commentary is virtual bleeding out through the ears of goo.

Warmest Regards,
Son of a [censored].