Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I think you guys know what I'm talking about, those scratches that are only seen when the car is in direct sunlight. I think i heard them called hair scratches and they are kinda in a circle and look terrible because the paint dosn't reflect in sunlight cause all you see is those dumb scratches. I just got a new paint job about a year ago and want it looking good so how do I get rid of them? I am going home this weekend and goiing to try to buff with the turtle wax polish stuff, is that any good or worth the effort? Anything else i should do?

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
You mean swirl marks??

Clay bar the car, use a good swirl mark remover, and polish the car with wax.

Do a search for swirl marks, you'll fnd the answer with a listing of actual products and process to do this

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Zaino just came out with a new amazing product.. ZPC I bought it and it works fantastic! smells grrrreat too...

forget Meguiars.. even with my sponsorship I only trust my waxing needs to Zaino...

Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover

Code: Z-PC
Price:$12.95

Introducing Zaino Fusion - Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover

ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ Safely removes minor scratches, swirls, oxidation, wax buildup and other blemishes
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ Features the world's first true self-dissolving, fused tri-particulate, diminishing abrasive system
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ 100% compatibility with all painted surfaces and Zaino paint products
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ Water-based formula means no mess, no staining, and easy clean up - no fillers or oils
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ Can be used in sun or shade on cool surfaces
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ VOC compliant
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ Perfect your paint with Zaino Z-PC Fusion

NOTE: Zaino Z-PC Fusion IS ABRASIVE and should only be used when necessary. Z-PC Fusion is not intended for frequent use.

For years, visual imperfections such as swirl marks, scuffs, scratches and buffer holograms were the scourge of perfectionists everywhere. They infected vehicles without any discrimination - show cars, daily drivers, imports, domestics and custom vehicles all suffered. But worry no more - Zaino, the world's leader in paint care technology, has the antidote for all of your paint ailments: Zaino Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover ("Z-PC").

Featuring the world's first (and only) true, self-dissolving, fused tri-particulate, diminishing abrasive system, Zaino Z-PC Fusion is just what the paint doctor ordered for your vehicle. Whether your paint is suffering from spider-webbing, minor scuffmarks, or a fully developed case of the swirls, Zaino Z-PC Fusion has the cure. And best of all, it works equally well when used by hand or machine, making it as versatile as it is effective!

Thanks to Zaino's advanced, fused tri-particulate, self-dissolving diminishing abrasive system, swirls and other defects are safely removed from your vehicle's paint. The ultra-intelligent abrasives gently and carefully knockdown high spots on your car to reveal an extremely smooth, super-reflective, mile-deep shine. Swirl marks and other blemishes will literally disappear before your eyes, and they'll stay away - Zaino Z-PC Fusion contains no fillers or oils.

With Zaino Z-PC Fusion, you'll be amazed by how deep, glossy, clean, and blemish-free your paint looks, and you'll love the compatibility that it provides. Unlike other paint prep products that are typically loaded with cheap oils and fillers, the water-based formula of Zaino Z-PC Fusion requires no washing afterward - just apply and remove Zaino Z-PC Fusion and go straight to applying your favorite Zaino protectant. Further, there's virtually no effort required to apply and remove Zaino Z-PC Fusion. Just wipe it on, work it in (either by hand or machine) and wipe it off.

Zaino Z-PC Fusion is perfect for any type of paint - from single-stage paints to clear-coated finishes to gel-coats, Zaino Z-PC Fusion will bring out the best in your paint. Metallics will sparkle! Pearls will pop! Reds will scream, "Pull me over," and your black paint will never have looked so smooth. It's perfect for domestic cars, European cars and imports. So whether you're driving a super-exotic performance car or just running the kids around town, be confident that no other paint cleaner is as advanced, effective and easy to use as Zaino Z-PC Fusion is.

So say good-bye to swirl marks, scuffs, spider-webbing, and other annoying paint defects. Zaino Z-PC Fusion takes your paint to a whole new level - one that's certain to drive other enthusiasts insane with jealousy!

The Z-PC bottle contains 8 fl. ozs. (236 ml.)

Crispy 99 Cougar - Arancio Atlas/Grey Graphite Pearl Custom Widebody 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4014/6535 - Born 10/21/97 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4085/6535 - Born 11/10/97 See My Rides
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
If the car is that bad you may need to have it professionally wheeled out. I used to own an 87' Grand National that needed to be done about every six monthes because I wanted the finish perfect all the time. Black sucks because it shows everything. As far as the "Z" product goes, I'm sure it does an ok job, but if its real bad, theres NO "miracle cure" in a bottle. I used to get offended when someone would say "forget Meguiars", but now that I've found Griots Garage, its all good. They offer a synthetic product called "Paint Sealant" thats awesome and the nice thing you don't need to spray a quick detailer after ever step. Speaking of steps, theres really only 4 total and none involve washing and spraying some quick detailer...

-clay bar
-paint cleaner
-polish
-"finishing wax"

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
the Zaino Looks good but can I get these at a auto parts store or do I have to order online? Thats just what I'm looing for too, thanks.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Zaino.bros

don't let the pricing discourage you.. a normal bottle will allow you to do a normal sized car 20 times or more..

I normally have to throw what I have left because I never make it past the shelf life because I can wax my car 3 times using only 1 ounce.

I'd suggest the Z-PC, Z-2 and Z-FX for sure.. it will last you 2-3 years and give amazing results that no others can touch.

Crispy 99 Cougar - Arancio Atlas/Grey Graphite Pearl Custom Widebody 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4014/6535 - Born 10/21/97 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4085/6535 - Born 11/10/97 See My Rides
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
The next time you have to throw it away, send it my way so I can try it. I've been on here since May of 2000 and wanna know what all the hype is all about. I used to be 100% committed to Meguiars and then I finally switched to Griots Garage products with amazing results. Not to call you out in particular, but all the "Z" guys have seemed to drink large quantities of "the Kool-Aid"

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Speaking of steps, theres really only 4 total and none involve washing and spraying some quick detailer...

-clay bar
-paint cleaner
-polish
-"finishing wax"

If you are clay-barring the car, what's the purpose of the Paint cleaner? Isn't the clay bar removing all the dirt and contaminants?

2000 CSVT Silver Frost: #942 of 2150 HID Projectors and Fog Light Mod, Optomized TB, MSDS headers 2003 Silverstone Z
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by epattonm:
Speaking of steps, theres really only 4 total and none involve washing and spraying some quick detailer...

-clay bar
-paint cleaner
-polish
-"finishing wax"

If you are clay-barring the car, what's the purpose of the Paint cleaner? Isn't the clay bar removing all the dirt and contaminants?

I've been told that the paint cleaner goes below the surface, seeing that your working it in like wax and the clay only gets the top layer of contaminents out The polish brings out the color of your ride and the "finishing wax" as I call it seals everything in you just did

N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
The next time you have to throw it away, send it my way so I can try it. I've been on here since May of 2000 and wanna know what all the hype is all about. I used to be 100% committed to Meguiars and then I finally switched to Griots Garage products with amazing results. Not to call you out in particular, but all the "Z" guys have seemed to drink large quantities of "the Kool-Aid"

sure.. anytime anyone wants to have a wax off of sorts I'm down.. Hands Down nothing has impressed me as much.. I'm addicted and the results have been amazing

Anyone use "leather in a bottle" -- that product is godly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard