Originally posted by MJF4:
1999 SE w/75k miles, love the car.

The gearshift, for lack of a more technical term, feels loose. Clutch is fine, shifts with little effort.
When in gear, the gearshift (the stick itself)seems to have a lot (more than 1") of play. It never drops out of gear, but it seems sloppy. Is this a linkage problem? Easy and cheap to address, or tricky and $$?

Ok, sounds like you may of had a bushing break apart in the clamp and your clamp is just hanging onto the shift tower. easy to asses, jack the car up on the driver side and take the wheel off. get under the car and you will be able to see the shift cables and shift tower on the back side of the engine. your clamps will be either white or black, look at both of them and if the bushing is missing or broken into pieces get it fixed immediately. this is a $10 part from ford. I had to replace the one closest to the wheel well as it lost its bushing and drove home in 4th gear. they accidently gave me the clamp for the one closest to the center of the engine(the harder of the two to replace), if thats the one you need hit me up, I still have it and will sell it to you for $7 shipped. Let us know what you find out.

Mike

Mike 99' Silver CSVT 95' Silver Acura Integra www.latest-craze.com