Originally posted by MNstuckinMI:
I picked up my 99 CSVT in april with 114xxx miles on it. since then im up to 130,xxx (yes, 16,000 miles that quick). lets see, whats wrong with the car....

-ebrake cable is broken (bought it that way)
-replaced 1 O2 sensor on the back, what a PITA
-when replacing the pulg wires i broke a valvecover (dont ask) and replaced that.

and thats pretty much it. i dont remember anything else that has gone bad on the car. otherwise, i usually get about 30 on the highway, 22 in town, and i do drive "spirited." but otherwise it has been a blast. i switched over to mobil 1 also when buyign the car. no problems, and i do a few 600-700 miles trips a year between MN and MI.

i was in the same boat as you. i was looking to spend about 5000 or so, and i knew i could get a civic and get better gas milage reliability, but there is alot of preventive matinence that you must do on a honda as well. i got the SVT becasue it is different. it turns alot of heads, and sounds great. but im expecting mine to go for quite a while. 130,xxx on it and it isnt even breaking a sweat. still quiet and smooth. good luck with it!

Man, I had no idea you're SVT had that many miles on it, the thing looks so beautiful still, it turns my head every time I see it in town... Normally I only see you downtown.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?