Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by 99cougar:
Originally posted by stilov:
you think if mine lasted about a year, then I pulled everything apart and put it back together it will be okay? It wokred fine before...it was the one that came with my spec kit.

if not i have one that came with my Spec kit... ....make me an offer.

I'll give ya...a Buck for it..

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
I have no life
OP Offline
I have no life
T
Thanks for Stazi for pointing this out! Don't know why he didn't post this info unless I missed it somewhere. From what we can tell the Spec slave is a Ford unit. BUT IT IS A REMAN. UNIT! Whenever they press a new bearing in they must do it with a hammer.

I have 2 paperweights err Spec TOB's in my possession. One that came with my clutch and one that came with the kit that I'm using in another CEGer's car.

When you compress them look how cocked they are?! How is the clutch supposed to engage flush?

We looked at the one that came with Rawburt's kit and they are all the same. Take a new Ford one and compress it and see what happens? It will be totally straight. For the extra $25 I'd get a new Ford one so I won't have to worry about pulling my trans again!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by 99cougar:
Originally posted by stilov:
you think if mine lasted about a year, then I pulled everything apart and put it back together it will be okay? It wokred fine before...it was the one that came with my spec kit.

if not i have one that came with my Spec kit... ....make me an offer.

I'll give ya...a Buck for it..

DEAL!....that will be $1 dollar plus shipping which i think will be about $30... .

i accept paypal.

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
well the only reason I pulled everything was to do the 3L build...and I decided I might as well get a stage 3 disc while I was in there. It worked fine and there was no damage...being that I have it back in the car...I was merely looking for some reassurance.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
According to SPEC they are supposedly NEW OEM Ford units Todd. I wouldn't doubt that they are indeed reman units...as my 'new oem ford unit' failed within 5 minutes on clutch #2

Ryan Trollin!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
2 years of abuse on the OEM FORD T/O BEARING that SPEC sent with their kit and it still works perfectly.

...Rebuilt T/O bearings...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The POS SPEC T/O bearings/slave units has SOOOOOO much eccentricity in the bearing it's not funny.

I'm not surprised they would fail in 5 minutes beacause how is it 'sposed to spin correctly when it's off center by more than 2mm!!! That's ridiculous!

Also, sorry Tom, but I saw that you said you regreased a T/O bearing, and at first I didn't want to get dragged into this debacle - but yes you cannot/shouldn't regrease a sealed bearing, and even if you manage to somehow get grease into one, mixing two greases of unkown composition can be disastrouts as they will liquify and the bearing will fail fast! Tom, you should know better!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
I have no life
OP Offline
I have no life
T
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
2 years of abuse on the OEM FORD T/O BEARING that SPEC sent with their kit and it still works perfectly.

It's not a Ford OEM TOB though. Did you see a Ford part # on it? Did you compress it to see how off center it was? I'll be picking up a Ford TOB tonight and I'll see what it does. I'm doubting it does what the Spec does. Maybe being cocked it's still in spec I don't know. I wouldn't put it in my transmission. I'm not taking anyone's word for it that it is indeed a Ford part.

Also from Terry...

...FYI,most none OEM/re-man slaves have the cast on
Ford logo on the ally part of the slave milled off =
No Ford logo.Should also note that a re-man or non OEM
part will not have a regular /selective QC inspection
on batches of parts.It works this way...for a
production OEM part going to a production Ford plant
the inspection of running a part across a gauge check
would be say 1 in 10.....for the same OEM part that
would go to Ford as a service part it maybe say 1 in
30 inspected...for a non oem or re-man...who knows as
only oem parts have to be inspected per Ford QC
standards...I know this because I spent some time as
plant QC engineer and SQE(Supplier Quality
Engineeer)..at Benteler on Hagen Dr ,Grand
Rapids....so QC is also part of my expertise.TH

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Todd,

Your point is taken but just remember that the bearing will be centered automatically when it contacts the pressure plate and of course it is already compressed at that point anyway so it will always remain in contact with the pressure plate and therefore centered. Nicer fit and finish is good, but I don't see that becoming a problem unless there was an issue with the pressure plate. Since the pressure plate is a high quality unit, at least on mine, so no problems for me since 2003.
(Hey that rhymes...I really gotta get my rapping career off the ground! )

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Yeah that mixed grease is a concern but I'm in the clear already on that one. Well if you remember that I had to pull the motor when I cracked those pistons then you understand I've had it out 3 times with the spec TO bearing. After time #1 I added a little and then this last time when I cleaned it up it was spinning nicely and quietly on that first grease so I'm lucky I guess.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard