Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
I have no life
OP Offline
I have no life
T
MAJOR ISSUE<PLEASE READ!

Re CLUTCH SLAVE /REL BEARING V6 MTX ONLY.
PART # F5RZ-7A508-A

The last batch of the V6 slave cyl/release bearing
assy's out of Natl Depot are INCORRECTLY BOXED!!!
The part number on the box is correct ,the slave assy
is INCORRECT....IT IS A 4 CYLINDER PART AND WILL NOT
WORK CORRECTLY IN A V6 TRANS/CLUTCH.
6 out of 6 slaves I have are BOXED WRONG.
These parts have been on b/order for a while so almost
ALL the V6 slaves now at dealers are WRONG.Check the
overall height of your slave,the V6 is around 78 MM
high,the 4 cylinder is much shorter.The V6 has a FLAT
face on the release bearing face,the 4 cylinder has a
raised portion.IF YOU FIT THE WRONG SLAVE CHANCES ARE
YOU WILL BLOW THE HYDRAULIC PISTON OUT OF THE SLAVE
AND LOOSE YOUR CLUTCH!If you have a car in a shop or
dealer for a clutch ALERT THEM TO CHECK NEW SLAVE
AGAINST OLD PART.
I'll keep you posted on feedback from Ntl Parts
depot.....

V6 left, 4 cyl right in both pics

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I wonder if this has happened before. I'm 0-2 on the last two first attempts at installs on my new clutches (did that make sense?)

Ryan Trollin!
T
I have no life
OP Offline
I have no life
T
Just think how many V6 owners won't ever see this. Not a good mistake at all. Nothing like another grand to pull the trans. Hopefully they'll realize it's the slave and not repeat the mistake.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Major FUBAr - Nut I would think that if someone took it to a shop and they installed it and then put the car together - they'd INSTANTLY know that there was an issue prior to the owner collecting it.

Good to know though.

Another FUBAR I saw was on a T/O supplied with the SPEC clutch for Rawburt's car. The bearing iself was off-center from the piston by easily 1-1.5mm that would've been a DISASTER if it was used!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
So wait, is this something I should be concerned about with my tranny just being done?

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Stazi:
Another FUBAR I saw was on a T/O supplied with the SPEC clutch for Rawburt's car. The bearing iself was off-center from the piston by easily 1-1.5mm that would've been a DISASTER if it was used!

Exactly what I was worried about. SVTCuervo posted in the Group Buy forum, and has confirmed that SPEC does use the Ford T/O bearing. What needs to be asked is if they are using the CORRECT T/O bearing.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by RawBurt:
So wait, is this something I should be concerned about with my tranny just being done?

Don't give Stazi a heart attack now ...

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Exactly what I was worried about. SVTCuervo posted in the Group Buy forum, and has confirmed that SPEC does use the Ford T/O bearing. What needs to be asked is if they are using the CORRECT T/O bearing.

Mark

The issue at hand here is that even if SPEC is using the "correct" TOB, since FORD misboxed the latest batch (god only knows how many that is), they still are not being suppied to SPEC properly, who in turn unknowingly supplies them to customers. Ownus of the problem is ultimately on SPEC since they should measure the supplied parts and compare to V6 vs. I4 parts, regardless of this mishap.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Major FUBAr - Nut I would think that if someone took it to a shop and they installed it and then put the car together - they'd INSTANTLY know that there was an issue prior to the owner collecting it.

Good to know though.

Yes they would. First go around it last less than 5 minutes
Second was about 30 minutes..... that's when it was noticed at least...

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by RawBurt:

No I never use that POS on your tranny - calm down!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard