Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
Originally posted by svt4stv:
i dont care for the wing but this is a great pic. especially since you guys are wearing helmets!

it is mandatory for 99.9999999999999999999% of track days.

I like the helmets because it kind of makes it more anonymous.

Rawburt, your camera may just suck. To be honest, Kodaks are OK for beat around cameras (for friends and such) but they arent spectacular.

You need to play with the manual settings, if possible. I have begun to do so, instead of using the point and shoot method. It has taken my pics from OK to WHOA! Finding the right setup for the amount of light availible is key! Poor light settings on the user end (can be fixed on the camera) seems to be the biggest problem with 90% of the pics posted, including yours. You almost got it in the 3rd pic, but unfortunately the bottom of the car looks great while the top is in the dark. It really takes it to the next level when you nail it. It takes lots of practice, but you just have to play with it to get it right.

You can really tell when people get it right. Look at all of the pics posted as calender worthy examples and the more recent ones of outlawd. The lighting and light settings on the camera are matched perfectly, and it shows.

I dont know whats up with the vibration though. If its on a tripod and you arent touching it or moving around behind it, then

Im not trying to be rude, just help out. And FWIW, I will be entering as well, but I dont have much time for a photoshoot until closer to the deadline. You may criticize away then. Im no professional either, just learning and trying!

Last edited by KingpinSVT; 10/19/05 08:25 PM.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!