Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I have a 95 ATX v6 LX and recently the light that illuminates the position the ATX is within i.e.: park, reverse, neutral, drive etc. has gone out. Has anyone ever replaced this light before? It seems like it may be difficult to replace.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
From Ford CD,
Lighting, Interior.

Lamp, Transmission Range Indicator

Removal and Installation

1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. Pry up on the selector indicator panel. (this is the panel which surrounds the "shift position lever")
3. Reach under indicator panel and remove miniature bulb (13466) and socket from the indicator panel.
4. Pull miniature bulb straight out of socket.
5. To install, reverse Removal procedure.

Good luck

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Tony2005 so is it difficult to "Pry up on the selector indicator panel" for I do not want to damage or break any of the plastic tabs that hold things into place. Where exactly do I pry on the outer edges or the inner close to the shifter

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
Tony2005 so is it difficult to "Pry up on the selector indicator panel" for I do not want to damage or break any of the plastic tabs that hold things into place. Where exactly do I pry on the outer edges or the inner close to the shifter

It pops out quite easily. According to the CD, you use a flat head screw driver. I used an old credit card to push in and lift up, then pushed my finger under to pull it up and out. You pry on the outer edges. Using a credit card ensures that nothing except the credit card breaks first. Pry at the groove where dirt collects. About 2 inches to the left of the P, R, N, D, 2 or 1, and about 1.5 to 2 inches to the right of the shifter "stalk". If you are still not sure, PM me with a hotmail address and I will send you a scan of the page.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Figure 4. Second pair of vertical(?) lines from the left shows the groove I was talking about.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1b/da/e7/0900823d801bdae7.jsp

First pair of vertical (?) lines on the left doesn't collect dirt as it faces sideways in the Contour.

Last edited by Tony2005; 10/08/05 12:33 AM.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard