We actually stole my GF's mom's 1999 forester for the subaru challenge (don't worry we let her mom drive it there also)

I got 5th out of 11 in STS With it (wheels and short shifter put it there)
http://www.subaruchallenge.com/105.Final.htm

That day was the first and so far only time we ran it and it was a good bit of fun.

We have a set of wheels for the protege that are dual bolt pattern that fit the proteges (5x114.3) and the forester (5x100) so we tossed them on there since she was already in STS because of the short shifter.

It is suprisingly netural to drive and with my setup had a little bit of oversteer at just the right points.

Kremithefrog - I disagree with you in what oversteer is desireable in autox.

The rear tires can lose grip without as much rollover as you think because they are not taking of much force as the front tires are. The front tires need pressure to prevent them from rolling over on the sidewalls when you turn but the rears are not under as much turning force so do not need as much to stop from rolling over.

Yes most FWD cars need a little more difference in the pressures than I run. Like Auto-X-Fil posted try 45F/35R and see how it goes.

Kremit I think you should do a little research on the SCCA forums about rear tire pressures and oversteer. Yes both lower and higher work for AutoX but they have different breakaway characteristics and differnt people/cars find different ones work better for their driving style and car.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends