Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
OK, so how can someone who has never worked on a CD4E call it a turd?

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by matt351:
i will probably just stick with the suspension mods and maybe exhaust and leave it at that. hopefully messing with the suspension and the exhaust will make it a little bit more enjoyable to drive around. if not i could always get the v6 5 speed sho that ive been wanting for a few years now and give this to the girlfriend to drive around.

I think that you'll end up with the best bang for buck doing it this way. I ran a V6/ATX combo for a few years and spent my money on suspension, brakes, wheels, and just an SVT exhaust and while it wasn't as quick as a manual would be, it more than got out of its own way and with the improvements in handling and braking, it was still a lot of fun.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
J
J
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
The T3 in question flows about 320cfm at 15psi. (I have the compressor map btw) That wouldn't even break 200 wheels through the ATX. I'm not saying it wouldn't make life much more liveable but you are never going to get remotely close to 300 wheels with it. With nearly any T3 actually.

The entire point I was trying to make is you just don't go throwing things together haphazardly. (well at least shouldn't ) You should do some homework.

You had one very good and clear point in your post.

"Everything's speculation until you look at a compressor map."

I couldn't agree more. In fact I even stated it discreetly myself in the post you quoted didn't I. Another point of my post.

Okay, okay, you know compressor maps, and I did notice that. Hmmm, I don't know what to say other than, on a much more poorly flowing 2.3T can do 280 to the wheels or slightly better with a T3. It's certainly not the same thing though, but I happen to believe that if it works it works, you can only find out what's best by tryin it yourself.

H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
i belive someone on here said it best

CHEAP, RELIABLE, FAST

you can choose 2, so quit wasting everyones time!

I know its been said before but I looked into it myself (and realized its too much work but) get an STS turbo (REAR MOUNTED) if you wanna go through all the trouble of turboing your duratec.

1995 Mystique, 2.5 V6, MTX, 2.5 inch Exhaust tubing, Vibrant Highflow CAT, Vibrant 2.5 Resonator, Magnaflow Muffler, SVT cams, Ebay Intake *YAWN*, HELLA 550's. THE FINAL LAP Is my New Best Friend!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Just because someone isn't running boost on their car doesn't mean they have no knowledge on the subject.

What? Oh, you mean Demon....he has no boost. Oh, and he knows nothing about turbos man, don't listen to him.

hehehe

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by warmonger:
Just because someone isn't running boost on their car doesn't mean they have no knowledge on the subject.

What? Oh, you mean Demon....he has no boost. Oh, and he knows nothing about turbos man, don't listen to him.

hehehe

This coming from a guy who's turbo'd his car what: 3 or 4 times now and is still slower then me.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Hmmm. I could just be sandbagging until someone puts up some real mullah.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by warmonger:

hehehe

This coming from a guy who's turbo'd his car what: 3 or 4 times now and is still slower then me.

i call BS cause you never posted a video!!!

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Tom doesn't need to post a video of his being slower than me. I believe that fact just fine without it.

Seriously though. The only races I'd do against Tom would be 0-60mph and autocross. He's sandbagging that car a ton with his driving.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Tom doesn't need to post a video of his being slower than me. I believe that fact just fine without it.

Seriously though. The only races I'd do against Tom would be 0-60mph and autocross. He's sandbagging that car a ton with his driving.

LOL sounds like someone needs to go to the track with some drag radials ...Tom

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard