Originally posted by Stazi:
Trying to make an ATX Contour fast is like trying to polish a turd, no matter how shiny you get it - it'll still be a turd. The CD4E is nothing like the Auto in your lightning. It's heavy, weak, too big for it's own good and won't take much of a beating without spending SERIOUS money on it - which in the end will still be slower than a MTX AND from what I gather you want to go budget.

i know but i felt it was my obligation to at least try to polish it up a little bit. i will probably just stick with the suspension mods and maybe exhaust and leave it at that. hopefully messing with the suspension and the exhaust will make it a little bit more enjoyable to drive around. if not i could always get the v6 5 speed sho that ive been wanting for a few years now and give this to the girlfriend to drive around.

on the tranny aspect, my lightning is a '93. they had the crappiest trannies of all of the lightnings made. ive actually had my truck for 5 years and put 35k on it and im getting ready to put the 3rd trans in this truck. the first rebuild didnt get all of the upgrades that the later models came stock with.

'96 Contour GL ATX 2.5 v6 -- Daily Driver '93 SVT Lightning -- The Toy