Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
ok, how about CT people anyone want to meet to drive up? I can either head up 84 of 15 to 91

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by ElKy:
goonie..mike, kim, an myself usually meet up at the rest stop on 495 S right after Rt 3.
you can meet us there if you want.

wooooord!

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i'm coming from.....the east..i'm not sure which roads i'll be on though...i usually stay off of the highways..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by 98 SE:
If anyone is coming up I395 or down 290, I can meet up with you at Exit 4 (Sutton Ave, Oxford, MA). I know a fairly scenic backwoods route to skunk's house (~25 min drive from that location) ... let me know if interested.

which would essentially help us bypass the mass pike too right?
Is there a good spot off that exit for us to meet? store parking lot or something?

I'm thinking Mike and I could meet Elky and Goonz up off 495, then caravan down to meet you, then follow you to skunks, especially since you know the way.

I'm going to try to map this all out this weekend to get a time estimate on when Mike and I should leave the house, and then we can all agree on specific times to meet at those spots.

I'm psyched for this!
I checked the 10 day forecast and it says rain for the 15th, but we all know how the weather changes up around here, so it's a waiting game.
I'm confident the weather will be good.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

I'm psyched for this!
I checked the 10 day forecast and it says rain for the 15th, but we all know how the weather changes up around here, so it's a waiting game.
I'm confident the weather will be good.

I agree

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
rain who cares atleast its not salt! I always go through a big wash and cleaning before it goes into storage anyways and would be only the 2nd time this year it gets rained on(1st time was at the summerbash). I just want to give her a chance to play with the other contours before the winter sleep .

I've got my fingers crossed though .

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
rain rain go away, come again another day, lots of contours want to play hey skunk, do u think we'll have time afterwards or something to tidy up those wires? i can come before but that's pretty early...

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
That'd be pretty cool if you guys wanted to meet up. It would in essense bypass the Pike and toll roads, plus you wouldn't have to deal with traffic or that insane rotary near skunk's house since we'd be taking a backwoods route. Being that none of you have been there before it might make sense also because many first-timers to skunk's house have gotten hopelessly lost (myself included) due to the hidden road right off the rotary.

As for parking, I will look into it. If everyone is coming southward, it might actually make more sense to get off at Exit 5 (Depot Rd in Oxford, my home exit ) because that exit is often desolate and has huge breakdown lanes to park on the bridge. (I suggested Exit 4 originally because it would make sense to anyone coming northward and it is closer to our target. There is a McDonald's there to meet.) If nobody comes northward, we can meet at Exit 5.

If you're stalking the neighborhood via Google Maps or Google Earth: from Exit 5 we'd head Depot Road to Old Worcester Rd; Main St southbound (Rt. 12); Charlton St -> Oxford Rd.; Mugget Hill Rd; Dresser Hill Rd (Rt. 31); Saundersdale Rd.; Dresser Hill Rd; to East Main St (Rt. 131); Morris St; Maria Ave; Apollo Dr. .... Very decent route involving picturesque Oxford town center, Buffumville Dam, and Dresser Hill farm (including popular country-bumpkin ice cream at the corner of Dresser Hill and Saundersdale).

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ronin45:
rain rain go away, come again another day, lots of contours want to play hey skunk, do u think we'll have time afterwards or something to tidy up those wires? i can come before but that's pretty early...

we can take care off it . not a prob!!

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable
F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
alright, here's my rough time estimate for the trip down:

8:45 Meet up with Elky & Goonz at Chelmsford rest stop
9:30 Meet up with 98SE at Depot Rd, exit 5
That should allow us to arrive at skunk's at 10:00 roughly.

sound good?

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard