Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Ah, I'm sorry. I went back and checked, and it was Corbett that insisted there was no Pistons bandwagon.

Interesting about the Lions. They may have a rabid local following, but the Cubs/Red Sox following is characterized by logic-defying loyalty nation-wide. I've yet to see any such thing for the Lions.

D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by Davo:
Ah, I'm sorry. I went back and checked, and it was Corbett that insisted there was no Pistons bandwagon.

Interesting about the Lions. They may have a rabid local following, but the Cubs/Red Sox following is characterized by logic-defying loyalty nation-wide. I've yet to see any such thing for the Lions.

These teams have exactly the bandwagon fans you have such disdain for. I have 3 long time co-workers who were suddenly cubs and red sox fans, but there was never a mention of either team in many prior conversations about baseball. I don't think the Lions futility has quite the extensive history that the Cubs have had, so maybe with time, they can also gain national sympathy.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I know they do! I need not to get started on them, especially "Red Sox Nation" (). The sad thing about Red Sox fans is that even though they were New York's [censored] for 80+ years, they thought it was the other way around. And even worse, they thought last year's win was redemption for 80+ years of ownage.

I don't get Cubs fans at all. I guess they've got Wrigley, an American shrine. Maybe if Old Faithful got a baseball team they'd be in competition with the Cubs.

X
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
X
4 losses:
* Ohio State
* Michigan
* Wisconsin

Well, you're 0 for 1 now.

Go PSU!

Matt 2000 SVT Toreador #1210 of 2150
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Looks like our treatment of Smith has already found it's way onto teh intarweb:

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
GO BLUE!

Would be funny if we kick PSU's butt this year, but seeing as that we're 3-3, with a loss to Minn (they play football there?!! Wouldn't want to be at the Brown Jug in A2 this weekend!), I'm thinking otherwise. . .it was a rocky season start, chock it up to learning, hopefully we'll come back stronger next year. . .I am VERY surprised with PSU though. . .very. . .

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by xdouble:
4 losses:
* Ohio State
* Michigan
* Wisconsin

Well, you're 0 for 1 now.

Go PSU!

FYI I'm 1 for 2 now.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Speaking of hail to the victors! What a game yesterday! TD with 1 second on the clock!

- Tim
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
so we're still unranked, and still left with OSU to contend with. . .who else is on the docket?? Purdue?

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I think you get my point though. PSU has at least 4 losses on their schedule. I'll check back with you at the end of the season and see if you're still posting Nittany Lions graphics on here.

Last edited by frenchblueC2; 11/15/05 12:49 PM.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard