Originally posted by 99Mystique ATX:

We got the chip set up tonight and my car shifts VERY quick. I personally love how it shifts, it is aggressive though and im worried about damaging the tranny. Any thoughts?? At full throttle the car jerks forward when it shifts. 1st to 2nd is very quick and 2nd to 3rd is a little more relaxed, still better than stock.

Thoughts??

Keyser and I talked about the shift points of a boosted CD4E along time ago and he said, "There is a regular shift pattern and a WOT shift table. If it were my car I would set the WOT shift points for about a 7k shift and leave the others alone. I'd also stiffen up the 2-3 shift."

Since your car isn't boosted, then I would suggest leaving your shift points were they are and only upping the line pressure during WOT. This will allow you to still have some since of driviablity during daily driving stints and a aggressive shift package when you really need it.

Once an ATX is mated up to a boosted or jacked up engine though, yeah you would want to up the line pressure during part throttle conditions to lessen the amount of slippage, but not by alot. And this goes for any ATX, because if you just aimlessly up the line pressure during all conditions, you will run the risk of blowing a seal or even a drum.

Something to think about... Most of the damage your hear about on a CD4E is from run-away line pressure situations. And most of the time, that situation is merely the person running around town while the trannys shift program is in Limp Mode because there is a problem with the thing and they can't get it fixed or have no idea what is going on. This mode defaults the pressures to 110psi throughout. Running at such a high pressure, under all conditions, can damage a lot of stuff!! So be careful and good luck...

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime