Originally posted by unisys12:
Very cool indeed!!

Am I right in thinking this is your "budget build"? IIRC, the last I read about your newest project was doing something like that. If so....

Either way, maybe you will be able to make the Dyno day in GA later next month. That way we can see some numbers from this beast!

Yes. This is the block that I've been running for 1.5 years now.
To be fair I was deployed for a year so it saw limited use then but I beat on it a lot before I left and after I got back.
I've just redesigned the pipes for the turbo, as I showed in the 3L forum pictures I posted. Just a few improvements in the crossover but the big improvement is the weaponR headers as the basis and the stainless steel for corrosion resistance.

I can't believe that the thing held up to over 14psi without any issues! I've been tuning it myself and I've learned a lot over two weeks so that is another thing I can pat myself on the back for.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black