Originally posted by Marky:
Originally posted by Rishodi:
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
You should win, even if you screw up royally.

Foci are slow. UDP, header, and a chip means just about nothing other than alot more noise and about another 6hp over stock.

I've been driving mine for 3 years, moved into it from a regular old 1996 MTX duratec GL. That Contour spanks my Focus handily so your's should do even better.

Agreed. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to beat him - and by a lot, at that. The FSVT has 15% less horsepower than the CSVT, 170 vs. 200. However, it's at most, what, 10% lighter? Bottom line, the CSVT is a quicker car.

By the way, I do believe 10.4 sounds about right for the 1/8th mile for a completely stock CSVT.

The Kona focus is not an SVT, and does not have 170hp.

I know. I was comparing against the FSVT because it is faster. The CSVT can surely beat the FSVT and thus the Kona as well. In other words, my argument was this: FSVT > Kona. CSVT > FSVT. Thus, CSVT > Kona.

Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by Rishodi:

By the way, I do believe 10.4 sounds about right for the 1/8th mile for a completely stock CSVT.

Well check your ears, because it's not right. I ran 11 flat with my auto zetec which would run ATLEAST 2 seconds slower in the 1/4. So a svt would have to do a lot better than .6 seconds quicker by the 1/8 to win by atleast 2 seconds in the 1/4.

The CSVT on the 1/8th mile is a low 10's car. If it runs anything under 10 seconds, it would be hard to believe that something's not up - either it's not stock, there's something screwy about the track, etc. And in case you weren't aware, the CSVT pulls really hard in the top end. That's why the 1/8th mile time looks comparatively slow, while the car is able to product a respectable low-to-mid 15's 1/4th mile time totally stock. If you doubt what I'm saying, do a search on the stock CSVT specs and stats.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851