Originally posted by kc5md:
Ray, I see this group as nothing more than a place to ask questions..at least thats what it should be.

and that is your perogative. this is a technically oriented site.. and if you YOURSELF see this as that place, then you should also see it as a possibility that there MIGHT be a collection of PROVEN, TRIED&TRUE fixes/parts to do/use. Just because YOU don't agree with it, or it isn't what you already spent money on, doesn't make it a "backwoods" redneck farmboy part. It means that you simply didn't line up with the general concensus. No reason to be mad because you didn't buy what we would've suggested.
Quote:

Unfortunately, its not a perfect world and and many posted questions are answered by farm boys with little or no idea of which they speak and on several occasions I just laughed at the answer sent.

Exactly where did you surmise that someone... anyone.. on here is a farmboy, or has little/no idea.. Once again, just because what is taught and utilized here doesn't line up with what YOU think or were taught, doesn't mean that we are wrong. It COULD mean that you didn't know. Or that you couldn't be expected to know.. you JUST got your CDW.
Quote:

Bite me Bubba OK?

We can lay off the phrases like that, right now... ranting.. upset... whatever you may be.. be it without those terms.

Quote:

Many would rather poke fun, thats cool but when you fire back and it gets ugly they call in the Head Redneck to put you in your place?

Once again.. you have no clue what you are talking about. Where do you determine who is a redneck (I find that offensive in the manner in which you used it.. a slur to mean "lesser being than you"). Also.. as stated just above.. We'll do without those phrases, anymore.. right? "Head Redneck", I can only assume, was a reference to me. I'll tell you what.. You want to hash out origins, education, or technical knowledge, we'll do that.. through PM's, as it should be. Don't call me a redneck again. You may not know me, and that is why I am giving you the benefit of the doubt.
Quote:

I really don't care if you remove me from the group.
It's not that important to me.

I never said I was going to. I never even said I WANTED to. I wouldn't dream of it. Stifling your speech, or ideas on correct parts/procedures would be what you have been doing. Again, we don't HAVE to agree... but you might take a look at some of the history behind WHY we (CEG) state what we do towards certain parts. We don't just pull our opinions out of our rears.. They are determined through years(multiple ones, now!!) of trying them, and seeing the NEGATIVE results.

Quote:

You also notice how quick they were to question me?
What is that Stupid Stuff at the end of your post?
What business is that of anyones?
When attacked, my response was who are you to question my post considering all the stupid crap out there already.

I never attacked you. ONE person asked you about the end of your post. your response was to the effect of: "finally someone noticed..." How is it that "they" are all "attacking" you if you were ONLY doing it to make light of the signatures of others? You can't be "attacked" when you placed it in there SOLELY to look like that.

I specifically said that it was your RIGHT to place it there, and that I specifically ignored any chance to reply about said wierd signatures, because it IS your right. why would I question that? Just because ONE person decided to ask doesn't mean you were "attacked" and it doesn't mean that "they"(all) were doing it.

Quote:

Whether you've been here for 2 days or 20 years makes no difference.

I won't draw this one out. Stick around a few years and see what you say. I guarantee you'll answer differently. time shouldn't matter when on the topic of getting help. It certainly does matter on, quite frankly, any other topic on here. (not that it matters.. you only see this place as a technical site, anyway)

Quote:

This group is not as important as you all seem to think it is.

I'll let you place importance on things that affect you. Try to let me assign importance to the things that affect me. Seems fair, right?

Quote:

You all need to learn some manners also and remember this:
If you don't have something constructive to say, don't say anything.

vice versa, same to you, and "right back atcha"(best "redneck" slang I can muster). Insulting others (its not even about me) and labeling them "farmboys" and "rednecks" because you think you were right doesn't seem very courteous.

You seem to have missed the entire point of my original post. So.. I broke this one down, to avoid that problem.. I am not asking you to leave.. I am not telling you to leave, and I am not insulting. I am calmly, rationally, and courteously asking you:

Please search.. research, and then post. Our methods are established through trial/error, and real-world results (with scientific process when available!! lol) just because you don't agree, don't lash out right back when we suggest taking the plugs(etc) back and getting the "tried/true" plugs that DON'T tend to have problems on our waste spark ignition system.

I've kept the technicalities out of this post and made sure it stayed true to topic. If you really want to learn more about this car.. stick around, and listen. If you want to VASTLY increase your knowledge, please listen to the more established members who happen to be VERY knowledgable about this platform (or vehicles in general).

If you have ANY further slurs, or insults.. I suggest you PM me.. (anything goes in PM land, as far as I am concerned) Take heed to this... I'd hate to have to PM you if you didn't. Fair enough... city boy? (see? I have a sense of humor... )

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.