Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mitolan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Been following the sunroof gears saga on the boards here for some time now. About 6 months ago I decided to take on the project myself.
Just a few weeks back the project has finished up so I thought I would drop in and let everyone know. I gave it its own site ( www.sunroofgears.com )so drop by and check it out.
There is a great install tutorial we put together on the site with our "test subject." Check out the last pic on it and you will see what I am talking about.

To give an idea of how strong the new gears are you can grab the sunroof and stop it and the motor will just stall. Gear stays intact. In 3 weeks of HEAVY testing we couldn't brake one.

Last year you couldn't find one... now you have two to choose from.

Travis
Rennbay, inc / SunroofGears.com

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Nice write up on the install, sir! Jeff over at Odometer Gears has been working on this for almost 2 years, and have finally created this aswell. Should create some unwanted competition on here, as Jeff has been working with us for a LONG time with this. But, more power to ya on these creation, might just buy one from both of ya.

On a side note, good to see someone dedicating themselves to just our platform (as that site is).

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
M
mitolan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yeah,
I didn't want to step on any toes but since we had the capabilities and no one had been able to do it in over a year of trying... And I think it was said in the last post the latest round only one broke so we can assume it still not right yet.

Anyway,I just wanted to drop in and give everyone the option since this board is what peeked my interest in the project in the first place. No matter which gear you get feel free to use the tutorial and support section of the site. After examining the whole works on this project for 6 months and doing a redeisgn of the drive gear, we can answer just about anything related to it.

Travis

M
mitolan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
One last note on this. One of the members here had sent me an email and had a great idea.

If any of you order a gear in the next week make sure to put in a note with your payment that you are a CEG-er. I am going to forward $20 from each gear purchased by a CEG member, within the next week, to Lance Kinley to go towards supporting the forums.

I have a few orders in from last night so if any of them are from CEG members please send a follow up email so I can add those to the tally as well.

N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Glad there is a way to fix these things i went and price a new unit at the dealer and they said $343.00 i was like".... thanks bye" and walked away. i was thinking to myself, who ever just buys a new one is bending over and grabbing there ankles for a long time to pay for it.

00 Contour SVT Black #557 of 2150 Fabricated Nov 24 1999 Currently unmoded
#1387581 09/16/05 05:52 PM
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
Looks like we will work together again on this project. Competition is very good for the market place. It's nice to have a choice where to go for a product when the original manufacture wont supply it to it's customers. I have fixed the breaking problem with the last round of plastic and of course I will have to match your price of $55/gear.

For those that don't know, Rennbay is a great company that I highly respect. We compete in the market with the Porsche odometer gears and probably a few others. Where ever you get your gear from, you will be satisfied with both of us offering a lifetime warranty.

Jeff Caplan
757-593-3478
Odometer Gears LTD

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
WOW!! This must be a CEG first!! No arguing, even from competition!! Two stand up companies in my eyes.. Good job guys!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Jeff and Travis, great to have you both here. Nice work, indeed!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
WOW!! This must be a CEG first!! No arguing, even from competition!! Two stand up companies in my eyes.. Good job guys!

Mark

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G

thats badass

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard