Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Kimi's biggest downfall will be his team, he is rumored to take Schumi's place in Ferrari and I really wont be surprised if he does. His team has horrible reliability! I mean his engine is blowint in practices, qualifying and etc..Mercedes does not have the consistancy and reliability that Ferrari has..anywho I do believe Schumi has an awesome year, he hated being alone in the front, now he's getting over-lapped so this prolly fuels him do be better then he already is, I believe he'll absoloutyl dominate once again next year and claim another record 8th World Title..now that will be somthin..I have all of Schumachers F1 die-cast cars ever since he started with Jordan and then to Benetton after that Ferrari..all of them..

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I repeat,"Raikkonen and Alonso for t3h win!".

Actually' I'm glad that Ferrari has stopped winning everything. Got kind of boring watching them win every race. I have to respect them for working hard enough to win almost all the time but it's time for a change.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by mbTDI:
Originally posted by Marky:
They should all run the same tires, or is it tyres. The could run Bridgestone at some tracks and Michelen(SP) at the others.

christ no, that is the worst thing that could happen.

it sucks that the prices have gotten so far out of control, but that's one thing that is great about F1... there is still a level of proprietary design/tech in their cars. I wish we still had the golden days of american open-wheel racing when the Indy 500 featured front drivers and rear drivers, turbos, n/as and turbines, and 6 wheel race cars. When they homogenize everything and all the cars look identical, save for a huge decal on the front (cough... NASCAR), there's nothing exciting about it any more.

I said nothing about the CARS, only tires. No need to bash NASCAR, If you can't appreciate the beauty of a 800 HP push rod small block engine, too bad for you. You'll never see me say anything bad about the carrot smoking euro trash that race in F1. Right dub?

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Quote:

There is pretty much only 2 guys that are winning all the races this year. And if it wasnt for DNF'S. Kimmi would be dominating like MS did last year.

True, only 2 people are dominating this year, but to a casual observer, it seems much more competitive because it's not MS and Barrichello. Plus as I said I watched up until the USGP, 4 different winners (if you count the USGP) in 9 races seems much more competitive than 2004's 2 winners in the first 13 (MS taking 12 of those).

I may be a hater but how is that anything but boring?

Ryan '99 T-Red SVT, KKM, Borla, 1387 of 2760 '92 T-Red F-150 Flareside 4.9, 5 spd '94 Geo Prizm, it was cheap
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by rmcd79:

Its not boring dude, if you are a die-hard F1 fan then this is nothing but pure excellence for ferrari. To have that many wins and a dominating car is just puuuure excellence on their behalf, its what motivates other teams to do better. Ferrari sort of set the bar for the other teams to reach and they have this year!

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D

I said nothing about the CARS, only tires. No need to bash NASCAR, If you can't appreciate the beauty of a 800 HP push rod small block engine, too bad for you. You'll never see me say anything bad about the carrot smoking euro trash that race in F1. Right dub?

True i have never met anyone that can claim they like watching Nascar and f1. Thats like being a ford and chevy guy. Myself i will bash nacar till the day i die

In regards to goonz's post it is true the only reason kimmi isnt in Alonso's position is pure engine reliability. That and a flat spot on a tires shouldnt cause the whole suspension to completely disinagrate.
But Kimmi does have one more year with M/M and i think they will fix alot of the reliability issues. Remember they had the exact same problem last year at teh begining of the season were the body work was to close to the engine and kept causing it to blow up. But by the end of the season they managed to get it under control. I also believe that Ferrari will get more competative tires from brigstone, and be much more competative. I dont think they will ow3n everyone like they did last year. If MS and ferrari do win another championship next year i think Kimmi will go and take old Rubens ride. But if they arent competative i dont think Kimmi will be in a hurry to jump ship. Look at Jenson, he wants to race for a diff. team week to week depending on what car is fast that week.
The sad thing is williams/ soon to be cosworth is only gonna get slower next year.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
Originally posted by maverik:
Well, do you really think with the way gas prices as they are that anyone is gonna wanna ride around in a V-10/V-12. Most people with V-8's are feeling the pressure. Even with the money they have to own the cars, thats still damn expensive to fill up and drive.

IMO, if you can afford a Ferarri, the price of gas isnt really an issue.

exactly! if you can afford a F550 to be your daily driver than surly gas is of no concern to you. maybe a few less $200 lunches here and there..

i think F1 should use cloned drivers. that way, we can really see which car is the best since the drivers' abilities would all be equal.

seriously though, variety is the spice of life. nothing is more boring to me than to watch 20 of nearly identical vehicles racing against each other. one reason why rally racing is so

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by svt4stv:
nothing is more boring to me than to watch 20 of nearly identical vehicles racing against each other.

what about 43 identical vehicles racing against each other?

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by rmcd79:

Its not boring dude, if you are a die-hard F1 fan then this is nothing but pure excellence for ferrari. To have that many wins and a dominating car is just puuuure excellence on their behalf, its what motivates other teams to do better. Ferrari sort of set the bar for the other teams to reach and they have this year!

I've had too many friends tell me almost the same thing. They say that with how much time I spend watching various forms of racing I should be a huge F1 nut, but the simple fact of the matter is I like watching drivers, not cars, in F1 your watching the cars.

It's alot easier to drive a clearly dominant car than it is to drive an exact duplicate or an inferior car.

I've had friends get almost violently mad at me when I say I don't know if MS is the greatest driver in the world. I'd be impressed if he were winning like that in a Cosworth, McLaren, or a freakin Yugo for all I care. I'd be convinced he was a damn good driver if he could overcome the tire problems and the Ferrari problems and compete for the win this year but he's not. I'd be willing to bet that if you put half the F1 drivers in a Ferrari for one race and set it up the way they like it they'd be pulling down laps every bit as good as MS's or at least Barrichello's.

That is boring to me, 20 identical drivers in 10 different cars. (or even 8-10 good drivers in 5 different cars) Lets see who wins, the fast car or the slow car? To me that'd be like racing my Prism vs my SVT, whats the point? You know who should win, you know who's gonna win. So why watch?

I'd probably be more satisfied if one type of car had a real advantage at a track with long straights and sweeping corners and another excelled at tight corners with very few straights but with Ferrari seemingly good at it all (at least last year) there was no reason for me to waste my time watching what I knew would be an eventual Ferrari win.

Now it's also possible that I'm giving to much of the credit to Ferrari and not enough to MS but with Barrichello running 2nd most of the times I tuned in last year and MS's inability to compete this year I don't think I am.

Ryan '99 T-Red SVT, KKM, Borla, 1387 of 2760 '92 T-Red F-150 Flareside 4.9, 5 spd '94 Geo Prizm, it was cheap
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by mbTDI:
They should all run the same tires, or is it tyres. The could run Bridgestone at some tracks and Michelen(SP) at the others.

christ no, that is the worst thing that could happen.

it sucks that the prices have gotten so far out of control, but that's one thing that is great about F1... there is still a level of proprietary design/tech in their cars. I wish we still had the golden days of american open-wheel racing when the Indy 500 featured front drivers and rear drivers, turbos, n/as and turbines, and 6 wheel race cars. When they homogenize everything and all the cars look identical, save for a huge decal on the front (cough... NASCAR), there's nothing exciting about it any more.

i feel the same way. i loved indy cars years ago, now they are more or less a joke. truely sad.

'96 Contour GL ATX 2.5 v6 -- Daily Driver '93 SVT Lightning -- The Toy
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard