Originally posted by skunk:
ford lists the dash for $515 for a replacement. this of course requires you to remove the entire dash and components(which you would have to do anyways to fix the one in the car). I would try bill jenkins for help/advice. either way you look at it repair or replace means you have to take out the entire dash. If you you are not handy at this don't do it, you can break alot of trim parts and you need a radio removal tool(cheap to get). almost forgot you need to remove the center console also. hope I didn't forget anything else.

I'm not trying to scare ya just giving you the facts.

good luck!

I thought the dash was a lot more than that. I know for mignight blue it is. For a radio removal tool most ppl just get a metal coat hanger and cut the ends off so you're left with 2 U's. Insert in the holes and press out. Everything else is straight forward. Just a lot of nuts & bolts and removing the wiring harness connections on the inside of the dash. It can be done in an afternoon. Otherwise get the dash warp fix. Best way is to have someone remove the front glass for better access. Maybe you have a chip that needs to be taken care of through insurance.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me