Originally posted by Bob Smiley:
Hey I've checked the site and whether i am doing the search wrong or what I cannot find out some information on the Dash Warping. I'm looking at a 2000 SVT and the dash has warped up and am wondering what the recall information was on it, and what kind of cost am I looking at to get it fixed.

You are way too late for the recall, it ended years ago. There is a dash fix kit for around $100 which you can put in yourself. The dealer will want about $400 to do the work. If your dash is warping badly, then the kit will not help you. There is also no guarantee that the kit will prevent any future warping. Even if you replace the dash with the "improved dash for 99 and 00" which I have (done under warrantee of course), there still is no guarantee that it will work. Mine is holding up better but it is developing some small warping. I live in Texas and the car is in the sun a lot, so the new dash is holding up better than the old one.

If you want to fix it for sure then put in a 98 or older dash. I have never heard a problem with them. The problem is, to make it worth it, you will have to do the work yourself since there really is not much value left in these cars. I would just live with problem.