Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 67 of 74 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 73 74
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
1995 transaxle, 147k miles, still shifts great with no synchro issues at all.

Just drained my MTL and squirted some RP (1/2 qt) through to flush a little. Then added the rest of the 3 qts and drove. It feels nice, but no better than the MTL when it was new, except it doesn't take any time for warm up. My MTL looked fine when I took it out, but looks obviously don't always mean anything.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I'm beg to wonder about a bad batch of MTL...mine looked like arse coming out.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I'm beginning to think you had some contaminants in the transmission from a previous use of friction modifier, or someone elses previous use.
No matter what, if you want to feel good about it then use a fluid that makes you feel like you are doing the right thing. Terry said use Honey. If it performs well then don't worry about the costs.
I just don't agree that the fluid by itself is the issue.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by warmonger:
I'm beginning to think you had some contaminants in the transmission from a previous use of friction modifier, or someone elses previous use.
No matter what, if you want to feel good about it then use a fluid that makes you feel like you are doing the right thing. Terry said use Honey. If it performs well then don't worry about the costs.
I just don't agree that the fluid by itself is the issue.

Does the fact that terry gave me that trans case clean as a whistle prior to me using the MTL. Do we need another 100 pages...

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I still think the darkening is from excessive heat -- failing components and/or LSD (good or failing). Each time I drained my MTL, it looked nearly new. Last time I drained it, my diff had locked and was wicked hot.... the fluid was very dark. This could also be combined with the bad batch theory.

MapOfTaziFoSho, Terry installed an LSD right? Has anyone seen dark MTL come out of a non-failing, stock diff mtx?

This is not to debate whether or not MTL is good/bad for our trannys... just trying to isolate the circumstances that generate the dark MTL.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=egnsearch.asp&N=400484+309635&autoview=sku

This stuff?

Yes.

Man, I went to four different stores last night trying to find this stuff and no luck.

Just so you guys know, Summit has free shipping but there is a handling charge since it's considered a hazardous substance.

3 quarts from Summit were 23.85,Handling was 8.95.

The total was 32.80 shipped to my work, but I get a cool free catalouge.

I guess this weekend I'll be doing the first oil change and tranny fluid change on the 3 liter. Can't wait to see what this RP does or those hard to shift gears...1st and 3rd in my tranny.

If the two guys that put my car back together are using it, then so's me!!!! Thanks Terry and Stazi or all the info.
I guess I'll give a big thanks to Todd and Rawbutt so they don't get thier panties in a knot!

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Bk4293L:

I guess I'll give a big thanks to Todd and Rawbutt so they don't get thier panties in a knot!

Panties have been knotted, PM SENT!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
ive had a tranny faiulre my diff blew a gear out the case and when i drained the mtl from it, it looked very good. no darkness or anything , looked like used tranny fluid.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
PS Summit will send you a free hat too!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by SvtEdwardo420:
ive had a tranny faiulre my diff blew a gear out the case and when i drained the mtl from it, it looked very good. no darkness or anything , looked like used tranny fluid.

Did you open the case up or was that a fictional event!?

Pic?!

Page 67 of 74 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard