Originally posted by todras:
War lives in a warmer southern climate so that might be ok for him. I can't recall where you live. The reason War is running it is because of the noise his Torsen is producing. Maybe the diff. bearings weren't preloaded correctly when the diff. was installed? I don't know. Eurotour and I put M1 in his Torsen equiped trans Terry built. No noises from it.

True on the climate and Torsen noises. I found out that it was because of the high torque loads my engine produces that my torsen makes more noise than other people's.
I routinely run 300+ ft-lbs of torque at the crank up to and including the uncorrected 330 ft-lbs I recorded at the wheels when I last dynod, that was what...350 ft-lbs at the crank?
Torsen said the T2 was only designed for the Focus and for its torque loads. I developed the noise on a powerful motor using only ATF+FM. I'll never use that stuff again. The rest of my trans has held together well on any of the fluids I've ran, including the stock diff. I still have the stock diff and not a mark on it with the fluids I ran. I even ran it with my turbo for about 3 months before installing the torsen and of course that was over 2 years before that on the 3L hybrid motor I built.
So yeah, MT90 is close in weight to the Ford Honey but I'd be carefull on it in a cold climate. Not that it will hurt anything but because it may not shift as well.

If it comes to it, I used Torco Synthetic from Jan 01 to May 03. That stuff worked well and did a great job of protecting my diff from damage. NOT an ounce of wear on my stock diff as I stated above, and the fluid I used for two years with the 3L and three months of the turbo was the Torco synthetic sold by BAT.
BAT actually recommends it for the MTX 75 as it has been used in racing in these tranmissions and it has been tested for well over 5 years. How come no one uses this stuff? I it has more race time than any of these other fluids we talk about...including Ford Honey. I endorse it for protection even in the less than ideal conditions of a high torque motor.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black