Originally posted by RogerB:

As TH has said, there could be a quality control issue with the MTL. Based on specs, the MTL should be fine. The MT-90 perhaps "better."

Based on specs? The lab report does not match the lab report of Honey. How does that make it fine? Why would you run MT-90? What is your reasoning? What's going to happen when the weather turns colder with that heavier weight fluid in there? War lives in a warmer southern climate so that might be ok for him. I can't recall where you live. The reason War is running it is because of the noise his Torsen is producing. Maybe the diff. bearings weren't preloaded correctly when the diff. was installed? I don't know. Eurotour and I put M1 in his Torsen equiped trans Terry built. No noises from it. And why not run D4 since that is what's stated on the Redline label? "Suitable for transmissions that are specified to run ATF." Which again is not the spec for the MTX-75 anyway but at the beginning was spec'd as previously stated. If you've missed installing all these "mystery oils" then why not run the Ford spec'd honey? You've obviously saved a lot by sticking to ATF. MT-90 is not even close to something I'd use in an stock MTX-75. I thought you stated you weren't experimenting?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me