Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 65 of 74 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 73 74
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
I think I will be switching to RP as well. Looks like a good option for me personally. Im not joining the "down with MTL" group yet. Though there is some evidence for both sides, Im coming to this conclusion based on a few personal reasons.

1. Im not really pleased with MTL in the winter. It sucks until it gets warm. I will say I like it in the warmer months. Im just tired of doing the pre drive row to spread the oil around, and really the shifting doesnt improve for a couple of miles anyway. RP seems like a viable option, especailly for the price. I am wary of jumping from one boat to another, however, but it seems RP has some good data to back its claims.

2. I am curious to see what kind of condition the MTL is in, and to compare with others. I would be willing to send it in to Blackstone for the standard test. If anyone would like further tests, they are welcome to paypal me the $$$ for whatever test they would like run beyond the initial $20. I would like to change the fluid this weekend, b/c I have some free time. Would storing it in a clean old water jug or something work until the Blackstone bottles came or would that contaminate it? I could wait for the Blackstone kit if someone was interested. If not, Ill put it in clear bottles and take pics.

My car has about 63,000 miles. The original fluid was changed out for the first time, by me, between 50,000- 55,000 miles (remember I have kilometers, Im not quite sure what the mileage was), last spring sometime. Anyway, the original fluid saw pampering by the original owner, then 2 drag passes, 3 auto-x laps, and the very occasional hard launch by me. Havent done a ton on the MTL except for the occasional hard shift from 1-2 and 2-3. No launches (I know this because Ive had it as long as my poly rear trans mount, and I never have put it through its paces). So thats its history. If anyone wants some analysis done on some lower mileage MTL I would be happy to help for the good of the group. I personally just cant afford to do the full blown test like Terry.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Rishodi:
Basically, I just don't think that it's worth spending the money on the best/most expensive of everything as long as you can find a cheaper item of near quality,

Then Synchromax is for you.

That's what I've concluded as well. But as I posted previously, I want to find out more about it before I hop on that bandwagon like I did with MTL. And I'm going to end the bickering here because I'm tired of it and it was way off topic

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by SvtEdwardo420:
ok my tranny blew about 4 months ago and i was running redline, now i took it apart yesterday after seeing this thread is still going and there was not a spec of black gunnk or any sign of anything , and i was runnign it for about a year. so what else could cause that???

Got any pics?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
BTW, some of the non supported evidence on this thread is just [censored] [censored]!

To top it off you already have people making the exact same kind of "it shifts great now" posts that they were making two years ago about redline and before/after that the cocktail.
You got wonderfull shifting...So what!? Who should we believe when that same stuff was said about every other hokey oil that's ever been sold!!!!
I'm sick of misplaced blame or illogical assumptions either way. Now if I respect your opinion or your work then I'll read and pay attention. For you newbees out there, read closely.
I hate to say this but if you don't have a solid reputation behind you that says the reader should listen to what you're writing...or unless you have some proof, then don't post anything as a fact. Post it as an observation or a question and if you can come to a logical assumption about it then post that too. Don't be offended if someone can poke holes in it like swiss cheese when you didn't think of everyting.

As far as the lube; at this junction, we have NO direct evidence against the redline product, only circumstantial evidence. We have NOTHING saying RP is any good at all yet. Yet some of you are going to jump on it. Fine if you wish to experiment but don't come crying later that someone said it was good.
I have my own theories on this and I went straight to the source and posted them on FCO so that Terry could have a crack at them. I'm tired of posting them here. If you actually find something wrong with those theories of mine, then say so. Say so here if you don't want to post over there.
Oh yeah and People disagree on here. Sometimes I think they are jackasses too. I've been a jackass in the past (though not about this ) So Big deal, get over it. I'm not so wrapped up on a friggin thread here that I couldn't go out and have a beer at the end of the day with any of the guys on here that disagree or agree with me. This topic stays in this thread! I respect a person who stands up for their beliefs, so don't anyone take me the wrong way.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Rishodi:
I want to find out more about it before I hop on that bandwagon like I did with MTL.

You're not going to find any more info than whats been posted here already about it. Get a sample done. Doesn't have to be the thourough test like one Terry had done. If you notice he had 2 done. Get the basic and compare it against the other tests on MTL and Honey.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by warmonger:

Oh yeah and People disagree on here. Sometimes I think they are jackasses too. I've been a jackass in the past (though not about this ) So Big deal, get over it. I'm not so wrapped up on a friggin thread here that I couldn't go out and have a beer at the end of the day with any of the guys on here that disagree or agree with me. This topic stays in this thread! I respect a person who stands up for their beliefs, so don't anyone take me the wrong way.

double-werd.

And martina mcbride is hot. Random yes, but one of her music videos just came on TV. I'd do her. That is all, thanks for listening.

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I'm agreeing with everything you just said. It's almost funny to watch so many people hopping over to RP just because of this thread and claiming it works well - yet, that was exactly the positive reaction people used to have with MTL.

There is no irrefutable evidence against MTL so far. I've read the entire thread and I've seen what's going on, and I think we have a strong hypothesis that MTL is doing bad things, but it has yet to be proven. Until there is solid proof, I'm going to remain skeptical. I think we have more than enough reasons for the legal term "reasonable doubt" to apply in this situation.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by warmonger:

BTW, some of the non supported evidence on this thread is just [censored] [censored]!
To top it off you already have people making the exact same kind of "it shifts great now" posts that they were making two years ago about redline and before/after that the cocktail.
You got wonderfull shifting...So what!? Who should we believe when that same stuff was said about every other hokey oil that's ever been sold!!!!

Tom, next your gonna tell us you can't feel the 1-2hp that certain mods may add! I mean, i know when I added my FRPP wires my car was flying!

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
I am on week 3 with RP in the tranny and the difference is still quite noticeable. I have been through the gambit of fluids over the years, starting with stock, cocktail, MTL, ATF+3 and now Syncromax. Syncromax is by far the best for me in my transmission. Most of my fluid experimentation was done with the intention of finding something that shifted better in my colder climate. It's about this time of the year when the temp has fallen into the 50's (daytime) 30's (overnight) that the stiffer shifting becomes apparent, as of yet I haven't noticed a difference. It may be due to the fluid being relatively new but I don't think so. I will continue to report on this as it gets colder and the fluid gets older.

And just think of the time and $ you could have saved by going with the spec'd Honey in the first place. Why would you randomly put different fluids in your trans?

There was nothing random about it. The first change with Mobil1 was prior to the Honey being available, the second was when everyone was initially going on about how good MTL was and how much smoother the shifting was. The switch to ATF+3 was done as recommended by members here for problematic trannies. The RP Syncromax was next in line for me to test, this thread just happened to coincide with my change.
I have spoken with a few local members who have informed me that Ford Honey is brutal for shifting in cold weather. Why would I spend an outrageous amount of money on something that someone else has already proven not to work? The Honey may be fantastic for moderate to warm climates but when it's -30 outside it sucks. BTW if I were to add up the cost of all the fluid changes combined, together they might equal the cost of the Honey

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Menutia aside - go for the RP. It's very close to the Ford specs AND shifts great - even when cold.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 65 of 74 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard