Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Rishodi:

That's if you're lucky. And it's still too damn expensive!!

Pretty friggin' cheap compared to a new transmission with a blown stock diff. now isn't it?!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're that much of a tight ass put in regular Valvoline ATF in it! $3 a quart.

Nah, I'd rather not use ATF; that's why I was looking for a good mid-grade alternative between that and the honey. By the way, I'm getting tired of the "cheap compared to a new transmission argument". That's moot. I should be able to drain and fill my transmission with a good lube without spending too much. I'm used to $3-5/quart, and I'm not the only one that thinks the Honey is overpriced.

I don't doubt that you CAN keep Honey in the transmission for quite a long time, but I wouldn't do it. Hell, some people *cough* have kept the stock ATF in their Contour until after 100k miles and I wouldn't have done that either if I could help it. Ford's honey is no miracle fluid; it's still transmission fluid, it gets dirty, and it needs to be changed every so often.

However, I'm glad to hear that it's available for $13/quart plus shipping. That's cheaper than I've ever seen it and beginning to look like more of a reasonable choice.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851