Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 62 of 74 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 73 74
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Fine guys, I'll read it all. I saw a LOT of bickering and stupid non-informative stuff amongst the information, so I stopped after a coupe pages, but if no one who was involved in this wants to save me two hours (or 30 min or 15min, whatever) then I'll read it. I really didn't think it was an unreasonable request to ask for a summary of something like this.

It's really not that bad. When you read through it, it's easy to tell the posts that are bickering and the real informative posts to which you should pay attention. If you want summaries, there are several by several members within the last few pages. You'll want to go read Terry's take on it to which spouted this whole thing, and here's the link to that:

http://www.fordcontour.org/index.php?showtopic=5567

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Rishodi:

Hm, do we really have to go over this again? It's because it costs $20 a freaking quart! $8/quart for MTL or Synchromax is expensive enough to me, so there's no way I'm buying the friggin honey if I can find something nearly as good for less than half that ridiculous price.

*sits back and waits a few months for people to find something horribly wrong with RP*

Umm think of how much $ he spent on all those fluids?! The Mobil 1 and FM are about $26 alone. I can't beleive you just responded with that! No logic. He would have saved $ going with Honey long ago. Anywho I just got a reply from an email I sent off to Royal Purple. A little too short IMO. Didn't really answer my questions.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:04 PM
To: rpautotech@royalpurple.com
Subject: Synchromax?

To whom it may concern,

I'm trying to find out if you can provide some sulfer
specs on RP synchromax? I'm trying to find out the
sulfer content in it. Also what is the weight of it?
I'm trying to find a lube that is as close to Ford's
XT-M5-QS spec WSD-M2C200-C gear oil for the MTX-75
manual transmission. Also another member of
contour.org sent and email to you and this was in the
reply...We have tested the Synchromax in this Ford
World Car platform in Europe for several years through
our Italian distributor. Can you tell me what kind of
tests are performed?
Thanks for all the help! -Todd Rasmussen

Response from Royal Purple:

Synchromax has the viscosity of an ATF. But with film strength that ATF does not have. Synchromax does not use a typical Gear oil EP ad pack. So it is non corossive.

Unlike some companies that just bench test oil Royal Purple test transmission fluids in transmissions that are in cars. We started testing Synchromax about 6 or 7 years ago in our race cars and about 5 years ago in our street cars. To date we have not had a lubricant related transmission failure with Synchromax.

Thanks
Patrick Burris
Technical Advisor
Royal Purple Ltd.
1-888-382-6300 ext 241
Direct 281-577-5041
cell 713-705-9201

Also if anyone hasn't looked on RP's website take a look here under the transmissions that the Honey/XT-M5-QS is spec'd for.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by "todras":
Umm think of how much $ he spent on all those fluids?! The Mobil 1 and FM are about $26 alone. I can't beleive you just responded with that! No logic. He would have saved $ going with Honey long ago. Anywho I just got a reply from an email I sent off to Royal Purple. A little too short IMO. Didn't really answer my questions.

I'm not seeing your point here... yeah, M1 with FM is $26 for a fluid change, and the Honey is $60. Hmm... unless you're buying into that lifetime lube crap, which I don't.

I'm glad you're looking into Synchromax. I know damn well I'd like to get some more information because now I'm more cautious about jumping on that bandwagon.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T

I'm not seeing your point here... yeah, M1 with FM is $26 for a fluid change, and the Honey is $60. Hmm... unless you're buying into that lifetime lube crap, which I don't.

$45!!!!! Not $60!!!!!!! About $15 a quart.

Also for those interested here is a Focus owners page about him switching from Redline D4 to the honey. No it's not MTL but it's a Redline product. Probably suited better than MTL since it's recommended for transmissions spec'd for ATF. True the MTX-75 is no longer spec'd for ATF due to the into to honey but I still.

http://focus.noegruts.com/trannyoil/trannyoil.htm

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by todras:

$45!!!!! Not $60!!!!!!! About $15 a quart.

That's if you're lucky. And it's still too damn expensive!!

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Running honey now, much smoother feel. I ran MTL for four months dumped it, ran ATF for about 150 miles (to flush per TH) and put in the honey. Did Terry mention his recommendation re; how often the honey should be changed?

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Marky:
Did Terry mention his recommendation re; how often the honey should be changed?

Nope. I'd go 50k though. I thought he put some in one of his personal Contours and has at least 80k on it off the top of my head.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T

Pretty friggin' cheap compared to a new transmission with a blown stock diff. now isn't it?!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're that much of a tight ass put in regular Valvoline ATF in it! $3 a quart.

R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by todras:

Pretty friggin' cheap compared to a new transmission with a blown stock diff. now isn't it?!!!!!!!!!!!!

I concur!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
ok my tranny blew about 4 months ago and i was running redline, now i took it apart yesterday after seeing this thread is still going and there was not a spec of black gunnk or any sign of anything , and i was runnign it for about a year. so what else could cause that???

Page 62 of 74 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard