Print Thread
Page 61 of 74 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 73 74
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by pole120:
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Okay, no way I'm reading this whole thread.

wow...just wow.

After reading the first post, and knowing that I had MTL in my transmission... I had to read the whole thing. Sure, it took me like 2 hours... but I think it was worth it.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Fine guys, I'll read it all. I saw a LOT of bickering and stupid non-informative stuff amongst the information, so I stopped after a coupe pages, but if no one who was involved in this wants to save me two hours (or 30 min or 15min, whatever) then I'll read it. I really didn't think it was an unreasonable request to ask for a summary of something like this.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Yea and ask Stazi how the MTL smelled?! Like arse! So you fools that said it didn't have a smell...well...smoke another bowl.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by todras:
Yea and ask Stazi how the MTL smelled?! Like arse! So you fools that said it didn't have a smell...well...smoke another bowl.

Yes, he had some on his hand and it smelled terrible, but uhhhhh who knows where his hand had been Anyway, the RP Synchromax is fantastic! Couple days now and I'm loving it!

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Fine guys, I'll read it all. I saw a LOT of bickering and stupid non-informative stuff amongst the information, so I stopped after a coupe pages, but if no one who was involved in this wants to save me two hours (or 30 min or 15min, whatever) then I'll read it. I really didn't think it was an unreasonable request to ask for a summary of something like this.

The final answer is, is that there is no answer, only opinions.

Shampoo is betta! Nooo, Conditioner is betta!
That about sums it up.

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I am on week 3 with RP in the tranny and the difference is still quite noticeable. I have been through the gambit of fluids over the years, starting with stock, cocktail, MTL, ATF+3 and now Syncromax. Syncromax is by far the best for me in my transmission. Most of my fluid experimentation was done with the intention of finding something that shifted better in my colder climate. It's about this time of the year when the temp has fallen into the 50's (daytime) 30's (overnight) that the stiffer shifting becomes apparent, as of yet I haven't noticed a difference. It may be due to the fluid being relatively new but I don't think so. I will continue to report on this as it gets colder and the fluid gets older.

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
I am on week 3 with RP in the tranny and the difference is still quite noticeable. I have been through the gambit of fluids over the years, starting with stock, cocktail, MTL, ATF+3 and now Syncromax. Syncromax is by far the best for me in my transmission. Most of my fluid experimentation was done with the intention of finding something that shifted better in my colder climate. It's about this time of the year when the temp has fallen into the 50's (daytime) 30's (overnight) that the stiffer shifting becomes apparent, as of yet I haven't noticed a difference. It may be due to the fluid being relatively new but I don't think so. I will continue to report on this as it gets colder and the fluid gets older.

And just think of the time and $ you could have saved by going with the spec'd Honey in the first place. Why would you randomly put different fluids in your trans?

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:

And just think of the time and $ you could have saved by going with the spec'd Honey in the first place. Why would you randomly put different fluids in your trans?

Hm, do we really have to go over this again? It's because it costs $20 a freaking quart! $8/quart for MTL or Synchromax is expensive enough to me, so there's no way I'm buying the friggin honey if I can find something nearly as good for less than half that ridiculous price.

*sits back and waits a few months for people to find something horribly wrong with RP*

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
Page 61 of 74 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard