Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by Rishodi:
Me too.

Anyway, to contribute to this whole fiasco... I just drained and filled my tranny for the first time a few months ago, shortly after I bought it. I put in (what else?) Redline MTL because the people around here would swear by it. And now this... I want to kill you all.

And damn, I did notice a bit of difference for the better in the shifter feel, which I didn't expect. Now it's been about 4k miles or so, and I don't know what to do. I honestly can't afford to change it out right now, because I am the typical flat broke college student. My SVT already has 130k miles on it, so I am rather surprised that the synchros and the differential has survived this long.

When I get the chance, I'll probably drain out the MTL and put in RP, just to be on the safe side. I'm not really buying into this whole anti-Redline deal because there are too many other possibilities and explanations, but I don't want to take the risk, just in case. I'm planning on getting my transmission rebuilt, along with Spec clutch kit, flywheel, and the works... but not until it craps out on me, and I'd like it to last a little while yet.

When it does finally get rebuilt, I wouldn't be surprised if it was dirty as hell on the inside. I have no idea what the previous owners were running in it, and the fluid change, if I remember correctly, was the sole thing I couldn't find in all the maintanence records, so I'm not sure how often or when it was last changed before I got it. Because of that, I see no reason to blame the fluid(s) used if the tranny does come out looking ugly. If it's clean inside, though...

It will not be clean inside. I promise you that much.

Don't just say that out of the blue....It has 130K miles on it! Only a few thousand with redline. Of Course it won't be clean.

I can totally say that because it has 130k miles on it! No matter what that thing ain't gonna be clean!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!