Print Thread
Page 59 of 74 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 73 74
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
You guys are starting to sound like two old ladies. WTF cares? Run what you want, and [censored] at yourself if the fluid sucks and causes tranny failure. This is the same question as "Which oil is better?"

I think the usefulness of this once useful thread has now died.

Agreed!

On another note Ryan, which oil IS better?

Mark

I just use baby oil. Makes your mom's skin soooo smuv!

Ryan Trollin!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
but not knowing all the facts about that person's maintenance/driving history doesn't give much proof.

Mark

He/we gave Pete's known history. Nothing but MTL was ran. I posted pictures. See all the proof?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by todras:
but not knowing all the facts about that person's maintenance/driving history doesn't give much proof.

Mark

He/we gave Pete's known history. Nothing but MTL was ran. I posted pictures. See all the proof?

Pete bought his car brand new and/or has ALL maintenance records to show what was used prior to this whole fiasco?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

Mark

Pete bought his car brand new and/or has ALL maintenance records to show what was used prior to this whole fiasco?

Mark

MARK! Pay attention! I have used the MTL since the trans was REBUILT BY TERRY HAINES. Prior to my ownership at 48k miles I have no idea, but this should be irrelivant because it was REBUILT.
When terry gave me the trans it DID NOT HAVE THE BLACK RESIDUE in it. When I gave it to him when I ran M1 with FM it had no black stuff in it.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

Mark

Remind me to punch you in the head at SZ.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by morbid:
Hey Todd... if you're interested, Terry cracked my tranny open today. Again... i'm sure it had the factory goo in it when I got it at 17k miles. I put MTL in at 20k, ~32k, ~46k... 2 weeks on the last fill.

And TH let me know last night that it was black inside with a stock blown diff.! Does this compute to anyone? Hello anyone....

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by morbid:
Hey Todd... if you're interested, Terry cracked my tranny open today. Again... i'm sure it had the factory goo in it when I got it at 17k miles. I put MTL in at 20k, ~32k, ~46k... 2 weeks on the last fill.

And TH let me know last night that it was black inside with a stock blown diff.! Does this compute to anyone? Hello anyone....

Todd...just let it go. I do have some good news tho....

I'm going to Steamboat for a week and staying at a 5 star hotel!

X
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Todd...just let it go. I do have some good news tho....

I was expecting to read, "I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico."

Matt 2000 SVT Toreador #1210 of 2150
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Me too.

Anyway, to contribute to this whole fiasco... I just drained and filled my tranny for the first time a few months ago, shortly after I bought it. I put in (what else?) Redline MTL because the people around here would swear by it. And now this... I want to kill you all.

And damn, I did notice a bit of difference for the better in the shifter feel, which I didn't expect. Now it's been about 4k miles or so, and I don't know what to do. I honestly can't afford to change it out right now, because I am the typical flat broke college student. My SVT already has 130k miles on it, so I am rather surprised that the synchros and the differential has survived this long.

When I get the chance, I'll probably drain out the MTL and put in RP, just to be on the safe side. I'm not really buying into this whole anti-Redline deal because there are too many other possibilities and explanations, but I don't want to take the risk, just in case. I'm planning on getting my transmission rebuilt, along with Spec clutch kit, flywheel, and the works... but not until it craps out on me, and I'd like it to last a little while yet.

When it does finally get rebuilt, I wouldn't be surprised if it was dirty as hell on the inside. I have no idea what the previous owners were running in it, and the fluid change, if I remember correctly, was the sole thing I couldn't find in all the maintanence records, so I'm not sure how often or when it was last changed before I got it. Because of that, I see no reason to blame the fluid(s) used if the tranny does come out looking ugly. If it's clean inside, though...

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Rishodi:
Me too.

Anyway, to contribute to this whole fiasco... I just drained and filled my tranny for the first time a few months ago, shortly after I bought it. I put in (what else?) Redline MTL because the people around here would swear by it. And now this... I want to kill you all.

And damn, I did notice a bit of difference for the better in the shifter feel, which I didn't expect. Now it's been about 4k miles or so, and I don't know what to do. I honestly can't afford to change it out right now, because I am the typical flat broke college student. My SVT already has 130k miles on it, so I am rather surprised that the synchros and the differential has survived this long.

When I get the chance, I'll probably drain out the MTL and put in RP, just to be on the safe side. I'm not really buying into this whole anti-Redline deal because there are too many other possibilities and explanations, but I don't want to take the risk, just in case. I'm planning on getting my transmission rebuilt, along with Spec clutch kit, flywheel, and the works... but not until it craps out on me, and I'd like it to last a little while yet.

When it does finally get rebuilt, I wouldn't be surprised if it was dirty as hell on the inside. I have no idea what the previous owners were running in it, and the fluid change, if I remember correctly, was the sole thing I couldn't find in all the maintanence records, so I'm not sure how often or when it was last changed before I got it. Because of that, I see no reason to blame the fluid(s) used if the tranny does come out looking ugly. If it's clean inside, though...

It will not be clean inside. I promise you that much.

Page 59 of 74 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard