Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 58 of 74 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 73 74
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Then I can say that because I partook in this experiment, I must know more than the next person.

Mark

Did anyone say they know more because they submitted a sample? They sent a sample to prove a point. A point that MTL has a higher sulfer content than FM. I can tell you RP isn't going to have EP's like MTL does. That's what makes it harmful. I'm not spending the $200 to prove it though. Maybe they'll email me some specs. Doubt it though.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I'm never telling anyone what fluid I'm running my tranny. You guys are making this much more than it really is.

I am running 2 tubs of margarine with 1 bottle of xl-7 friction modifier, tranny shifts like butter

I've heard that will leave a yellow residue on the internals of the transmission. You might want to send that in for a sample.

I'm not running any lube in my transmission. I've had all the parts coated with a teflon-like substance and it rawks!

Ryan Trollin!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

And if I ask Terry, I'm sure he'll tell me that you and him don't share a friggin bank account. So just because you agree with Terry, doesn't say that YOU are the one doing all of this work/data/testing. If you are so gung-ho about the RP, why don't YOU send in a sample with YOUR money to prove that it IS a good alternative?

If it would make you happy, I'll personally deliver a sample of the fluid that I drain out of my tranny to Blackstone Labs. Then I can say that because I partook in this experiment, I must know more than the next person.

Mark

I'm still trying to figure out your hard-on for all of this. You come and pipe in every now and then. Are you trying to get a rise out of people or something? Just asking.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
I'm never telling anyone what fluid I'm running my tranny. You guys are making this much more than it really is.

I am running 2 tubs of margarine with 1 bottle of xl-7 friction modifier, tranny shifts like butter

I've heard that will leave a yellow residue on the internals of the transmission. You might want to send that in for a sample.

I'm not running any lube in my transmission. I've had all the parts coated with a teflon-like substance and it rawks!

Your right, I think I am going to start running straight honey instead. I can get a gallon for $29.99, is that a good deal.

Honey

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by todras:

And if I ask Terry, I'm sure he'll tell me that you and him don't share a friggin bank account. So just because you agree with Terry, doesn't say that YOU are the one doing all of this work/data/testing. If you are so gung-ho about the RP, why don't YOU send in a sample with YOUR money to prove that it IS a good alternative?

If it would make you happy, I'll personally deliver a sample of the fluid that I drain out of my tranny to Blackstone Labs. Then I can say that because I partook in this experiment, I must know more than the next person.

Mark

I'm still trying to figure out your hard-on for all of this. You come and pipe in every now and then. Are you trying to get a rise out of people or something? Just asking.

You said 'hard-on' and 'rise' in one post teeeheeeeheee

Ryan Trollin!
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Hey Todd... if you're interested, Terry cracked my tranny open today. Again... i'm sure it had the factory goo in it when I got it at 17k miles. I put MTL in at 20k, ~32k, ~46k... 2 weeks on the last fill.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I've put on too many miles heading over to shop getting other pictures. It's a mute point now. People are going to see what they want to see. Terry has provided photographic evidence, data and lab results. If ppl don't grasp it then they can do what they want. Run MTL all day long. I don't care and either does he.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Nope, that's definitely not it at all. I'm saying that you are sounding like a proprietor of HMS, when you haven't really provided anything other than your opinions, and quotes from Terry. You run M1, so you're just as much of an outsider as me. We can both talk about what we've seen from "other people's" tranny drains until our faces turn blue, but not knowing all the facts about that person's maintenance/driving history doesn't give much proof.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
You guys are starting to sound like two old ladies. WTF cares? Run what you want, and [censored] at yourself if the fluid sucks and causes tranny failure. This is the same question as "Which oil is better?"

I think the usefulness of this once useful thread has now died.

Ryan Trollin!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
You guys are starting to sound like two old ladies. WTF cares? Run what you want, and [censored] at yourself if the fluid sucks and causes tranny failure. This is the same question as "Which oil is better?"

I think the usefulness of this once useful thread has now died.

Agreed!

On another note Ryan, which oil IS better?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 58 of 74 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard