Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 57 of 74 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 73 74
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Rawburt's car had a stock diff. in it so who knows. I think it the smell and look come from high use.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by todras:

What!!! An aftermarket fluid without the the Ford Rating or approval...and without any qualification other than Royal Purple recommends it? Awefully brave there aren't you? I mean, That isn't saying anything more than Redline said but now its good enough?

Because they've actually tested it on an MTX-75 and can back it up. On top of Terry recommending it. I listen to the guy building my transmission.

I will also listen to my transmission builder. Same way I would listen to my attorney.

So Ok, I get the whole Idol worship thang.... but I'm giving you no points for it. I was hoping you'd have some additional information or your own ideas on the subject.

Oh, and BTW I wouldn't go there on the Attorney thing either.

Nothing to do with idol worship. I mean christ almighty you are one to talk. WTF good are my own ideas going to do for this thread. No one will listen to me on this. It seems that you are missing the whole point of MTL being closer to an EP type gear oil. I am really sick of this thread...wtf are we trying to get at now!?! !?

Also I had sh!ttier shifting with the MTL....but that was just my experience.

And as for the attorney thing...I trust BOTH my parents with anything.

So lets do some math...you have cracked your tranny about 3 times. Terry has done countless. I love what you have done with your car, but I am not going to take your advice on this matter over his. I don't care to research this BS anymore. I have better things to do.

I'm one to talk? I've supported most everything I've said with facts, questioned what I don't trust, and disagreed with things I know to be wrong. I may not be correct on all accounts but I'm waiting for the points to be proved/disproved.
Many more supporting pics besides whats on my website too.

You don't realize that I put over ten years actually servicing vehicles, with a significant part of it rebuilding ATX and MTX transmissions. Granted they were mostly GM RWD like the TH 200,350,400, 700 series, Chrysler FWD, Ford RWD like C4,6 series, Jeep MTXs, etc.
I Earned my way through college while I was in the Marine and Army Reserve before I went back to college to be an engineer and before I went back on Active Duty as an Officer. I am NOT just some young man. I've earned the right by experience to make the statements I've made.
Take it for what its worth. This isn't about Terry's qualifcations either. I know he was a Mech Eng. Thats all I know and that he now services the MTX 75. You don't 'know' any more than that either.
And by the way, you are right about not listening to you when you just parrot what someone else is saying. I mean think about it. ONLY NOW you point out you had crappy shifting with MTL? Why wait to post it? That would have been noteworthy. Sounds like you were going with the flow in those days so you kept your mouth shut; and sounds like you're going with the flow again now.
You just helped shoot your own credibility in the foot just a little bit more and now I'm going to have to discount even that little bit of information due to your lack of consistency. I didn't really want to flame anyone over this, just get to the bottom of the situation.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I mentioned way back in the beg of the thread that I had better shifting with the M1. AFAIC I will go with Terry's thoughts on the matter. I am not studying to be an engineer. So this does no good for my future career. My time is better spent researching things pertaining to my major. Nuff said.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I've got a haines built tranny with Quaife. Ran MTL since installing it about 2 years ago. Drained and filled with MTL during the engine swap in the spring of '04, didn't notice any funny oder. Just drained and filled with regular ATF before I put in Honey and noticed no bad smell. Actually, I thought it smelled pretty good. I've never noticed a nasty smell from the MTL during the last 2 years of using it, either during fill or drain of old fluid.

Now my power stearing fluid, that REAKS.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
After reading this lengthy thread I have decided to swap out the MTL in my SVT. Mainly based on the episodic data. Also about the metal in the MTL. That may not be a direct result of the MTL but I don�t want to take any chances and have to take out the trans.

On my 95 that my son is driving I put in Mobil 1 in years ago. The car has 210k miles on it so the fluid has been in a long time, probably 150K miles. The car is pretty beat so only required maintenance to keep it running is performed, so the old Mobil 1 will stay in until the car blows up which may be soon.

On my SVT I am going to put in Royal Purple even though the Ford honey should be the primary choice. Big difference in price.

So in about 6 months when bad things come out about the Royal Purple I may have to go to the Ford honey.

When I pull out the MTL I�ll also give a report on the condition. It has only about 10k on it so I expect it to look and smell brand new.

Rich S

1998 SVT 1995 Contour 2.5 MTX 215K miles Son's car(dead and buried) 1997 Contour 2.0 ATX 1998 Contour 2.5 ATX 2004 Tauras Wagon 3.0 Duratec
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by richs:
The car has 210k miles on it so the fluid has been in a long time, probably 150K miles. The car is pretty beat so only required maintenance to keep it running is performed, so the old Mobil 1 will stay in until the car blows up which may be soon.

Oh but M1 ATF is crap.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

So I'm not saying RP is bad. I'm just saying the logic is hypocritical.

And why is that? Terry never said RP meets the Ford specs but from data I've seen it's a good alternative for the price. From reading info here it seems like a far better choice than MTL. Sure doesn't have the high sulfer content or some of the additives MTL does. I don't see anyone else here sending samples of lubes to the lab and posting the results. I think someone else should put up the $ to prove that RP isn't a good alternative.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by todras:
I don't see anyone else here sending samples of lubes to the lab and posting the results. I think someone else should put up the $ to prove that RP isn't a good alternative.

And if I ask Terry, I'm sure he'll tell me that you and him don't share a friggin bank account. So just because you agree with Terry, doesn't say that YOU are the one doing all of this work/data/testing. If you are so gung-ho about the RP, why don't YOU send in a sample with YOUR money to prove that it IS a good alternative?

If it would make you happy, I'll personally deliver a sample of the fluid that I drain out of my tranny to Blackstone Labs. Then I can say that because I partook in this experiment, I must know more than the next person.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I'm never telling anyone what fluid I'm running my tranny. You guys are making this much more than it really is.

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I'm never telling anyone what fluid I'm running my tranny. You guys are making this much more than it really is.

I am running 2 tubs of margarine with 1 bottle of xl-7 friction modifier, tranny shifts like butter

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
Page 57 of 74 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard