Print Thread
Page 56 of 74 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 73 74
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by warmonger:

What!!! An aftermarket fluid without the the Ford Rating or approval...and without any qualification other than Royal Purple recommends it? Awefully brave there aren't you? I mean, That isn't saying anything more than Redline said but now its good enough?

Because they've actually tested it on an MTX-75 and can back it up. On top of Terry recommending it. I listen to the guy building my transmission.

So. We are back to square one because He hasn't tested it either.
Funny, you will take the word of someone who's NEVER used it and RP's word that it is tested and improves shifting. On the other hand you won't take Redline's word who also claims MTL will improve shift feel, even though EVERYONE who's tested it in the last two years and ever posted a review of Redline posted how excellent the shifting was. Isn't that the exact same criterion for suitability you are using?
Isn't this exactly the way the "Hype" over redline MTL started two years ago?
There hasn't been a negative review of Redline MTL until Terry opened that transmission.
So I say again, it's all good now until someone blows a diff and blames the fluid for their crappy maintenance or treatment, or shoddy workmanship.
Better stick with Ford Honey as at least you have Fords Reputation to base your recommendation on. ( Fords tires on the explorer and recalls comes to mind)

I, on the other hand, have already used RP products and given a decent recommendation on one of their products though not the synchromax.
So I'm not saying RP is bad. I'm just saying the logic is hypocritical.
I may even try RP synchromax eventually because I can get good deals on RP products from a friend of mine who is a distributor and because they, like Redline have a good reputation with their products.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

What!!! An aftermarket fluid without the the Ford Rating or approval...and without any qualification other than Royal Purple recommends it? Awefully brave there aren't you? I mean, That isn't saying anything more than Redline said but now its good enough?

Because they've actually tested it on an MTX-75 and can back it up. On top of Terry recommending it. I listen to the guy building my transmission.

I will also listen to my transmission builder. Same way I would listen to my attorney.

So Ok, I get the whole Idol worship thang.... but I'm giving you no points for it. I was hoping you'd have some additional information or your own ideas on the subject.

Oh, and BTW I wouldn't go there on the Attorney thing either.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

I will also listen to my transmission builder. Same way I would listen to my attorney.

So Ok, I get the whole Idol worship thang.... but I'm giving you no points for it. I was hoping you'd have some additional information or your own ideas on the subject.

Oh, and BTW I wouldn't go there on the Attorney thing either.

Nothing to do with idol worship. I mean christ almighty you are one to talk. WTF good are my own ideas going to do for this thread. No one will listen to me on this. It seems that you are missing the whole point of MTL being closer to an EP type gear oil. I am really sick of this thread...wtf are we trying to get at now!?! !?

Also I had sh!ttier shifting with the MTL....but that was just my experience.

And as for the attorney thing...I trust BOTH my parents with anything.

So lets do some math...you have cracked your tranny about 3 times. Terry has done countless. I love what you have done with your car, but I am not going to take your advice on this matter over his. I don't care to research this BS anymore. I have better things to do.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

The shortest post from Demon ever.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Drained the fluid on the car I have been working the other day. Appears that it had MTL in it. Stuff looks awful after it's been used. Also smells terrible. Smells like axle grease. What does axle grease have in it? EP's. Car didn't shift all that great either. I also remember ppl reporting that MTL didn't improve cold weather shifting as opposed to M1. My trans with M1 shifts like butta. Ask Eurotour how he likes the M1 in his LSD equiped trans. So nice.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Drained the fluid on the car I have been working the other day. Appears that it had MTL in it. Stuff looks awful after it's been used. Also smells terrible. Smells like axle grease. What does axle grease have in it? EP's. Car didn't shift all that great either. I also remember ppl reporting that MTL didn't improve cold weather shifting as opposed to M1. My trans with M1 shifts like butta. Ask Eurotour how he likes the M1 in his LSD equiped trans. So nice.

Want to add some actual evidence to this? Or atleast a little detail? What kind of car? You never mentioned that anywhere! How sure are you that it ran MTL? "Appears that it had MTL in it" doesn't cut it. This is turning into too much of a who can get the last word in type of thread.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
It's a Contour. What else would it be. I've seen MTL enough to know. It's had an LSD put in so I'm guessing the guy that had it before him which was a CEGer saw some posts and thought it was a good idea. I'm not looking to get a last word in. I'm just making observations. No other fluid looks and smells like this. It didn't look or smell like honey or ATF.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
In the last 3 weeks we have drained/filled three different SVT's, all stock MTX's. One had ATF (SVT EDDIE 98.5, my old car,)and the fluid had been swapped out twice before. The fluid looked dark red, no odor. Filled with MTL.

The next was a '99 (path914) running MTL, fluid had an amber appearance, again no odor. I think the fluid was used for 20k miles. Filled with MTL.

Lastly my '99 with 42k, drained MTL which had been run for 4 months and 3k miles. Fluid looked like it was poured from the bottle light amber with a pinkish hue, again no odor. I filled it with ATF (to flush per TH) and will drain and fill with honey this weekend.

During all this we noticed color variances in the MTL. We poured some samples straight from the bottle onto a white paper plate. I had MTL left over from May, it looked more amber had a different label than the MTL purchased last week. The newer MTL had a more red/pink color. We also observed a small amount of black particles (like very fine soot) in the bottom of the MTL bottles. This was present in both batches of the MTL. No experts out here, no stake in the game, no opinion. Simply passing along what we observed.

I also plan on draining/filling a '03 2.3L Focus MTX this weekend, curious to find out what the factory fill is, should be honey. I plan on running RP Synromax in the Focus.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
From what I'm gathering from this thread, it sounds like Quaife equipped cars with MTL = bad smell. Stock diff cars with MTL = not noticeable smell. Maybe MTL reacts with metals in the Quaife somehow?

Page 56 of 74 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard