Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 55 of 74 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 73 74
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
unisys, I'm not sure I see what you're getting at. RP isn't saying the SynchroMax contains EP additives....

EDIT: I see what you mean now ... "300% film pressure"... I dunno.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SHOTIME2669:

I think I have come to a conclusion though... I'm not going to run any oil so there! ... ...

Has anyone ever ran no oil?

Maybe this is the solution!!

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Can u ask him to measure his shaft and compare it to your shaft?

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by todras:
Because they've actually tested it on an MTX-75 and can back it up. On top of Terry recommending it. I listen to the guy building my transmission.

Yes, "tested" on the MTX-75. They never advised the extent of their testing though. They could have tested it for shift feel only and drained it out within 100 miles.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Originally posted by warmonger:

What!!! An aftermarket fluid without the the Ford Rating or approval...and without any qualification other than Royal Purple recommends it? Awefully brave there aren't you? I mean, That isn't saying anything more than Redline said but now its good enough?

Because they've actually tested it on an MTX-75 and can back it up. On top of Terry recommending it. I listen to the guy building my transmission.

that doesn't say much toodles. Hopefully you don't listen to the guy who builds your motors! :-)

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

What!!! An aftermarket fluid without the the Ford Rating or approval...and without any qualification other than Royal Purple recommends it? Awefully brave there aren't you? I mean, That isn't saying anything more than Redline said but now its good enough?

that doesn't say much toodles. Hopefully you don't listen to the guy who builds your motors! :-)

LMAO

And look everybody, Ryan typed below the quote

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Hopefully you don't listen to the guy who builds your motors! :-)

I don't.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

I will also listen to my transmission builder. Same way I would listen to my attorney.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by SVTatGT:

LMAO

And look everybody, Ryan typed below the quote

I never realized i was doing it bass ackwards until it was pointed out in my speeling thread... :-)

Ryan Trollin!
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
unisys, I'm not sure I see what you're getting at. RP isn't saying the SynchroMax contains EP additives....

EDIT: I see what you mean now ... "300% film pressure"... I dunno.

I think he's saying that the whole point (which is a pro for using RP) is that it does NOT contain EP. EP is what Terry was thinking was causing the problems. Both Terry and RP now have both said that they think EP does not belong in this tranny.

Thats my take at least.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
My sources tell me that it is not so much of an issue about using EP additives in a manual transmission as it is an issue of using the RIGHT EP additives and that it be done in balance with whatever else is needed to ensure proper manual transmission operation.

The older and cheaper EP additives are bad news in a manual transmission. The newer and more costly ones are not.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
Page 55 of 74 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard