Originally posted by todras:
Don't even bother Pete. Ppl are PMing me with conclusions about why your trans "went." It's obvious no one is reading everything posted. PETE'S WAS CRACKED TO PROVE A POINT! Build up on a fresh trans that ran straight MTL. My head hurts. If Demon would have started this post everyone would be crying about the sky falling and this thread would be 1 page long. Everyone would quit running MTL and everything would be hunkey dorey.

So that is your goal? Everyone quit running MTL because you and Terry and mapoftazi say so?

Read my response above, you haven't proven anything by opening ONE ATB transmission that didn't have a failure or any issues.

Did you take freshman composition in college, or do any comparative analysis to determine the best of something? The only way to have an argumentative paper was to "Compare and Contrast" the opposing view points.

This would be to compare other ATB equiped transmissions with the same hardware, similar miles but different fluids. THAT would be some serious evidence there. But because you have made these statements without real investigative work, and because you jumped on an assumption without a wide range of data to fully illustrate either point, you have hurt your argument.
NOW you have pride at stake. How would we know that you would even report a failure on Ford Honey in the future? You didn't approach it open minded from the beginning, you went on a witch hunt from one incident; so we can't know that you won't do so from now on.
You still see some brass and you're calling it gold.

I'd have been willing to accept ONE possible explanation of MTL causing the failures if there were numerous cases and a couple of examples showing that other fluids didn't cause failures on equivalent transmissions were also presented for comparison purposes.

I thought some good might come out of this thread but I was wrong.
People say "leave this thread, it's important." No its NOT. All it is is National Enquirer type reporting. Might as well be saying, "OOH space aliens contaminated my fluid and broke my transmission"

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black