Print Thread
Page 44 of 74 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 73 74
#1380289 09/21/05 08:23 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by path914:

Funny how Terry comments that a heavier fluid should be used ala Ford Honey, but you still recommend ATF which is the lightest fluid mentioned.

I'll stick with what I've seen and experienced in my own car. 60,000 mi of perfect use over 2.5 years with a stock diff using MTL compared to obvious wear and notchy shifting using Mobil 1 for a mere 5,000 mi.

I don't recommend anything per say. I thought the transmission shifted excellent with M1 and have nothing but success with it. I'd say use anything over MTL. Bang for the buck is Mobil 1. Terry recommends Ford Honey which is spec'd for the MTX-75. ATF was previously spec'd and that's what I used when it was so. Had great results with it so I'm sticking with it. Put in whatever your heart desires. It's your tranny.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1380290 09/21/05 08:40 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
From Terry Haines to the 'masses' 'I personally don't care what you put in your MTX75...I'm only sharing what I have seen and results of lab tests, pics etc etc.The choice is yours, all yours....

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1380291 09/21/05 09:06 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by todras:
From Terry Haines to the 'masses' 'I personally don't care what you put in your MTX75...I'm only sharing what I have seen and results of lab tests, pics etc etc.The choice is yours, all yours....

And I think we all appreciate that. The more information available the better IMHO. I just have yet to see anything conclusively negative in regards to the MTL. Can't wait to see the final lab reports.

A big thanks to Terry for putting in all the effort and expense...

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
#1380292 09/21/05 09:19 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

And I think we all appreciate that. The more information available the better IMHO. I just have yet to see anything conclusively negative in regards to the MTL. Can't wait to see the final lab reports.

I saw something...the inside of my blackened transmission. If it does that then I just don't want it.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#1380293 09/21/05 09:30 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

I saw something...the inside of my blackened transmission. If it does that then I just don't want it.

He said conclusively(being such that what is specified proves a matter beyond all doubt) negative. Yours and Roberts transmissions are not "conclusive" evidence that the MTL is what caused your conditions.

What color was the MTL fluid when he cracked it open? Was it all a mucky black color?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1380294 09/21/05 09:30 PM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by morbid:

I am definetly NOT blaming the MTL -- I do abuse my car. I AM saying that the nastyness that Terry has found in the trannys are most likely ONLY a result of a failed tranny/diff (probably due to extensive heat generated by the failing components -- my tranny. Why else would he be working on a tranny if it hadn't already failed?

Uuuuu you might to read this thread again then. "ONLY a result of a failed tranny." He volunteered to open it up free of charge to inspect it in case you missed the huge amount of posts on it! Pete's car is down and the tranny was pulled from the car. It most likely will get slick shift forks installed since it is out. PLEASE DON'T POST THEORIES IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO FOLLOW ALONG AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

unfortunetly I have been reading this entire thread from the beginning, but thanks for the attack. I was mearly adding to the many theories currently posted here... what have you been posting?

btw, my car most likely had the original fluid when I purchased it at 17,000. I put MTL in at 20,000, around 30,000, and around 44,000. Oh, but I already posted that in this thread, you care to reread it?

My mtx has never been openned.. so it's the stock components that died at ~44,500 miles. I autocross and drag race... so did I miss something about the other mtx's failing that run ATF or honey?

MTL can be purchased for $7 / quart... and I put about 8,000 - 10,000 miles on per year. Should I be such a cheap ass that ~$10 / year will break me? Where is the proof that running fluid for 30,000+ miles will prolong the mtx's life?

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
#1380295 09/21/05 09:43 PM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
oh... and before you respond with another attack, I do respect Terry, and am planning on sending him my transmission. Is the entire point of all of this just to blame MTL or to ensure honey or any other product won't result in a similarily failed component?

If I switch to honey and my tranny dies, will you pay for my replacement?

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
#1380296 09/21/05 10:08 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Terry has cracked open my tranny which was running MTL
I havn't asked him yet about the black sludge.

Perhaps I'll ask him, but again by posting here I probably just did.

Thanks again Terry for all the research you're putting into this.

This thread will most likely change CEG as we know it

Can u ask him to measure his shaft and compare it to your shaft?

#1380297 09/21/05 10:58 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
i still have my fluid in my tranny i was running mtl, and my diff did blow recently if you guys would want a sample of that........

#1380298 09/21/05 11:52 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

He said conclusively(being such that what is specified proves a matter beyond all doubt) negative. Yours and Roberts transmissions are not "conclusive" evidence that the MTL is what caused your conditions.

What color was the MTL fluid when he cracked it open? Was it all a mucky black color?

Mark

YES! Mark where have you been. We posted picutres. I ran MTL from the get go. It was rebuilt by him and he told me to run the ford HONEY. I was like F that it is way too much money. Stazi and Demon are running MTL so hey...should be fine right? I am kicking myself for this.

I don't see how it couldn't cause the conditions when terry sent me a non-blackened trans.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Page 44 of 74 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard