Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by morbid:

I am definetly NOT blaming the MTL -- I do abuse my car. I AM saying that the nastyness that Terry has found in the trannys are most likely ONLY a result of a failed tranny/diff (probably due to extensive heat generated by the failing components -- my tranny. Why else would he be working on a tranny if it hadn't already failed?

Uuuuu you might to read this thread again then. "ONLY a result of a failed tranny." He volunteered to open it up free of charge to inspect it in case you missed the huge amount of posts on it! Pete's car is down and the tranny was pulled from the car. It most likely will get slick shift forks installed since it is out. PLEASE DON'T POST THEORIES IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO FOLLOW ALONG AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

unfortunetly I have been reading this entire thread from the beginning, but thanks for the attack. I was mearly adding to the many theories currently posted here... what have you been posting?

btw, my car most likely had the original fluid when I purchased it at 17,000. I put MTL in at 20,000, around 30,000, and around 44,000. Oh, but I already posted that in this thread, you care to reread it?

My mtx has never been openned.. so it's the stock components that died at ~44,500 miles. I autocross and drag race... so did I miss something about the other mtx's failing that run ATF or honey?

MTL can be purchased for $7 / quart... and I put about 8,000 - 10,000 miles on per year. Should I be such a cheap ass that ~$10 / year will break me? Where is the proof that running fluid for 30,000+ miles will prolong the mtx's life?

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)