Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 74 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 73 74
#1380279 09/21/05 06:06 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
todras, if you and Terry are right all the time then why hasn't my MTX-75 died since I've NEVER run Ford honey in it??? To boot I've run MTL for almost 2 years previously with out any issues or that "non-MTL caused" build up.

That's what this entire thread is stating like an oversensationalized media blitz. "Run Ford Honey ONLY or your MTX will be destroyed"

Seriously that is what half of the posts are truly saying.

Why is it that the majority of the people with MTX-75's are not running "honey" and are still going strong???

It's funny how real world data, experience, and accomplishments can throw a big monkey wrench in the book theories of others isn't it.

This thread still has not proven that MTL is a bad fluid or has problems. Was that not the entire purpose of this thread???
It certainly wasn't to say the Ford Honey was a good fluid option. That was already a given long before this thread started.
When is the PROOF coming that MTL is without question a "BAD" fluid??? I bet it never does. To be honest it would be hard to prove considering the POS choice to use ATF in the first place. You can't argue MTL, MT-90, or SyncroMesh is not better then any ATF. We won't even get into ATF with added LSD FM because that's been proven to be a horrible choice for longevity.

Also did you notice how those "European experts" stated that zinc/sulfur packages were used to safely improve gear oil's anti wear properties without hurting the MTX. Then they also agreed with our post from nearly 3 years ago that GL-5 is never an option. They are not helping your case to prove MTL or our (this site's nobody CEGer's as you put it ) original thinking is bad.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
#1380280 09/21/05 06:24 PM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
holy [censored] has this thread grown!!

all i wanna know is what to run...

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
#1380281 09/21/05 06:52 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
todras, if you and Terry are right all the time then why hasn't my MTX-75 died since I've NEVER run Ford honey in it??? To boot I've run MTL for almost 2 years previously with out any issues or that "non-MTL caused" build up.

Luck. I never said anyone was right all the time. You have an LSD. You don't have planet gears with oil galleys that can get clogged. Did it have a black residue when you opened it up after running MTL? Have you actually seen the inside of it?

That's what this entire thread is stating like an oversensationalized media blitz. "Run Ford Honey ONLY or your MTX will be destroyed"

No one has ever said that! Where are you getting this from. Terry suggested RP S.M. as well as Mobil 1!

Why is it that the majority of the people with MTX-75's are not running "honey" and are still going strong???

Because they are running ATF which terry said would be fine. Ford Honey is the best as stated a million times. THe MTX-75 will be fine with ATF which was the previous spec. Has since been changed to Honey as stated over and over.

It's funny how real world data, experience, and accomplishments can throw a big monkey wrench in the book theories of others isn't it.

Funny isn't it. What are you bringing to the table?

This thread still has not proven that MTL is a bad fluid or has problems. Was that not the entire purpose of this thread???
It certainly wasn't to say the Ford Honey was a good fluid option. That was already a given long before this thread started.

Oh really? It's been proven all along and also backed up with facts. Now if you fail to read everything I can't help that. I'm not cutting and pasting any more. It's all been laid out.

You can't argue MTL, MT-90, or SyncroMesh is not better then any ATF.

I thought that's what we were talking about in this thread.

We won't even get into ATF with added LSD FM because that's been proven to be a horrible choice for longevity.

And how has that been proven. Missed where ATF is leaving a black residue and sludge on the inside of MTX-75's.

Also did you notice how those "European experts" stated that zinc/sulfur packages were used to safely improve gear oil's anti wear properties without hurting the MTX.

I missed where it said that. Could you point that out?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1380282 09/21/05 06:53 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by morbid:
Ok... I would guess that the darkness and smell of the MTL is ONLY from failing/failed tranny and/or differential. I've changed my MTL 2 times (about 10,000-12,000 miles apart) and each time it looked almost like new -- no smell, cherry red, and no metal flakes. I just changed out the MTL for a 3rd time about 2 weeks ago. My diff began failing yesterday and I drained it when I got home. It stank like hypoid, was dark brown/red... and was filled with metal flakes (looked like a ricer paint job). The drain plug was even gouged and scraped

I am definetly NOT blaming the MTL -- I do abuse my car. I AM saying that the nastyness that Terry has found in the trannys are most likely ONLY a result of a failed tranny/diff (probably due to extensive heat generated by the failing components -- my tranny. Why else would he be working on a tranny if it hadn't already failed?

MTL is not cherry red, are you sure? Have you been using ATF?

We just did a fluid change on an SVT this weekend, no red color at all in the MTL we drained, and definately no red color in the fresh MTL we filled it with. No red color in the MTL I filled my SVT with in May.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
#1380283 09/21/05 06:54 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by G�¨t�£uck�¥151:

If you're leaning toward MTL this might even be better if you're stuck on running a Redline product.

15W40 diesel.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1380284 09/21/05 07:07 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

Let's make something clear to you and the rest. Terry has no axe to grind against MTL. Having seen the effects he started digging. This could have been Royal Purple, Amsoil etc. That is not his issue, the issue is what he's seen. Why do you guys keep thinking this is a specific dig at redline? So stupid and closed minded!

#1380285 09/21/05 07:23 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Marky:

We just did a fluid change on an SVT this weekend, no red color at all in the MTL we drained, and definately no red color in the fresh MTL we filled it with. No red color in the MTL I filled my SVT with in May.

FYI MTL has a pinkish redish hue to it when new. When slightly used it turns into a brownish/black red.

#1380286 09/21/05 08:03 PM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by todras:

If you're leaning toward MTL this might even be better if you're stuck on running a Redline product.

15W40 diesel.

well all i wanna run is the stuff thats better from all the tests and whatnot that have been discussed...whether it be the Ford stuff, or whatever.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
#1380287 09/21/05 08:05 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

well all i wanna run is the stuff thats better from all the tests and whatnot that have been discussed...whether it be the Ford stuff, or whatever.

Ford "Honey" is the best choice.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
#1380288 09/21/05 08:15 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Marky:

FYI MTL has a pinkish redish hue to it when new. When slightly used it turns into a brownish/black red.

I've never experienced that. The fluid that Marky and I changed last weekend came out a medium amber color, just a smidge darker than the new MTL we put back in.

Funny how Terry comments that a heavier fluid should be used ala Ford Honey, but you still recommend ATF which is the lightest fluid mentioned.

I'll stick with what I've seen and experienced in my own car. 60,000 mi of perfect use over 2.5 years with a stock diff using MTL compared to obvious wear and notchy shifting using Mobil 1 for a mere 5,000 mi.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
Page 43 of 74 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard