Originally posted by DemonSVT:
todras, if you and Terry are right all the time then why hasn't my MTX-75 died since I've NEVER run Ford honey in it??? To boot I've run MTL for almost 2 years previously with out any issues or that "non-MTL caused" build up.

Luck. I never said anyone was right all the time. You have an LSD. You don't have planet gears with oil galleys that can get clogged. Did it have a black residue when you opened it up after running MTL? Have you actually seen the inside of it?

That's what this entire thread is stating like an oversensationalized media blitz. "Run Ford Honey ONLY or your MTX will be destroyed"

No one has ever said that! Where are you getting this from. Terry suggested RP S.M. as well as Mobil 1!

Why is it that the majority of the people with MTX-75's are not running "honey" and are still going strong???

Because they are running ATF which terry said would be fine. Ford Honey is the best as stated a million times. THe MTX-75 will be fine with ATF which was the previous spec. Has since been changed to Honey as stated over and over.

It's funny how real world data, experience, and accomplishments can throw a big monkey wrench in the book theories of others isn't it.

Funny isn't it. What are you bringing to the table?

This thread still has not proven that MTL is a bad fluid or has problems. Was that not the entire purpose of this thread???
It certainly wasn't to say the Ford Honey was a good fluid option. That was already a given long before this thread started.

Oh really? It's been proven all along and also backed up with facts. Now if you fail to read everything I can't help that. I'm not cutting and pasting any more. It's all been laid out.

You can't argue MTL, MT-90, or SyncroMesh is not better then any ATF.

I thought that's what we were talking about in this thread.

We won't even get into ATF with added LSD FM because that's been proven to be a horrible choice for longevity.

And how has that been proven. Missed where ATF is leaving a black residue and sludge on the inside of MTX-75's.

Also did you notice how those "European experts" stated that zinc/sulfur packages were used to safely improve gear oil's anti wear properties without hurting the MTX.

I missed where it said that. Could you point that out?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me