Also with Terry's chat with the lab MTL = straight 30 weight
oil, Honey = 15W40, so honey is already a higher
viscosity than MTL! At 210 deg F a straight ATF is
42 to 45, MTL = 57.4, honey is 80.7. They also said that
the zinc and phosphorus is very high in MTL. Sulphr is
yet to arrive but again I have to say, thus far, MTL
does not 'match' honey in its make up.

Sulfer results to come.

I've gone over my bandwidth in my fototime account so it's resizing them automatically. Anyone want to host so ppl can read em?

Didn't Terry say it wasn't all about viscosity?

Another question. If that transmission was shipped with no oil; and the the waste oil was already thrown out then where are these samples coming from? Are these brand new oil samples straight out of the jug? i was under the impression it would be the oils as found in the transmission but that would have to have been drawn from the container from the old oil. If you take the leavings in the bottom it would be higher in solids (insolubles) and maybe even other materials from the breakdown of surface metals and oxides. Would have been nice to see the results from oil siphoned off of the bulk of the oil change.

Oh, and just FYI high zinc content is a very old way to make motor oils better at protecting the engine according to the old timer auto techs out there. Penzoil was a preferred racing oil back in the day because of high zinc content.
Is that a bad thing now? I'll check on it. I'm also going to have to get copies of these tests that I can actually read.
Thanks for the information though.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black