Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Stazi:

Soon after I broke in the trans with ATF, I switched to MTL and have about 20,000+ miles on it so it'll be interesting to see what has happened with the fluid and any wear particles therein, since then.

I don't think their will be particles per say though. To really tell you're going to have to crack it open to see the tell tale signs. The sludge isn't going to come out with the fluid.

Funny, you are suddenly an expert yourself? I argue from experience that those 'so-called' telltale signs are not really signs of a problem at all! Go to any transmission place the does a decent around of turnaround with your photos. Ask them if this is normal in a High Use transmission with moderate oil changes. This would assume you don't prep them before hand with any information, but I think you'll find that it is quite common.

It all depends on too many factors such as time on the fluid, current usage, and previous situations the trans was in like fluids and usage before the rebuild.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black