Print Thread
Page 32 of 74 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 73 74
#1380169 09/15/05 06:11 PM
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Anyone on here that's owned their car since NEW, and knows their maintenance history that is running MTL?

Mark

Mine has had the "Coctail" since almost new.. and just had it's 4th trans flush done at Ford. Fluid was a bit dark. More specifically, the fluid consisted of Mobil 1 ATF with Friction Modifier. When the trans was opened up do to a FAILED 3RD GEAR SYNCHRO three months ago, according to the Ford Service report, the trans had a lot of "black residue on the inside of the trans case, and required an additional hour or so in the parts tank to remove the residue". They were a bit stumped there, as they knew of the cars past and how many flushes it's had. Ford re-filled it with the recomended Ford fluid, not the cocktail... and the shifts are hard into first gear. 2 months later, I'm getting ready to drain this crap out and put whatever is decided in this dicussion back in. RP Syncromesh is sounding positive.

Last edited by Stry-ped; 09/15/05 06:14 PM.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by akrump47:
Originally posted by todras:
I like how certain points are skipped over.

It's nice isnt it. Did you miss this one:

Originally posted by DemonSVT:
What happens when someone cracks their tranny open after using MTL, and it's clean?

Mark

[image]
You mean besides Tom & myself already having done that and proved that it's not the MTL fluid.

So two people with MTL & Buildup in the trans. Two People without. NO CHEMICAL RESULTS YET stating that the buildup IS IN FACT DRIECTLY CAUSED BY MTL. Wow that's highly conclusive isnt it.

Those aren't questions. Those are statements on observations. Do we have pics of what they said they've encountered? No. I don't know what they have seen or done. I've seen the transmissions that I've posted pics of and have been told what they run. I also know that Demon's car supposedly puts out so much power and has never shown a dyno sheet.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
wow this sucks...i downloaded the how-to for the flush and found a pump...now what fluid do i use???

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Found a pump? What would you need a pump for? Just need a funnel with a long tube attached to it for filling.

Anywho. I'd run Ford Honey or something that meets or exceeds it's specs. Oh wait there isn't anything out there that does that. People don't start asking questions on what you should run. You're going to have to figure that out yourself. I think this is the 2nd post asking this. Either you're going to listen to Greg/Tom or Terry.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1380173 09/15/05 06:29 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
What happens when someone cracks their tranny open after using MTL, and it's clean?

Mark

You mean besides Tom & myself already having done that and proved that it's not the MTL fluid.

Oh that's right. We don't count because Terry said it's the MTL because he found it on 2 MTXs that ran MTL for a short period but had a neglected history. That's logical...

That's not even taking into consideration all the other data we've collected against this unsubstanciated theory. It is just a weak theory folks because there is absolutely "no proof" it's the MTL's fault. Yet there are countless reasons it's not the MTL and countless reasons why you shouldn't add FM to the fluid (expecially POS ATF) yet next to no one listens.

It gets to a point where, "what's the damn point! Nearly everyone is a closed minded lap dog!"

And what, we are close minded lap dogs because we aren't YOUR lapdogs! Additionally, how does my transmission have a neglected history.

Demon when you cracked your trans open what was the very LAST fluid you had run in it? Better question why aren't you running MTL now?

Stryped...you have ZERO credibility.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
People don't start asking questions on what you should run. You're going to have to figure that out yourself.

Then don't make coments about our descision.

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
#1380175 09/15/05 06:34 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
That's not what Greg is saying. All Greg wants people to do is research the issue and make their own INFORMED decision...

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

Mark

Oh that's right. We don't count because Terry said it's the MTL because he found it on 2 MTXs that ran MTL for a short period but had a neglected history. That's logical...

That's not even taking into consideration all the other data we've collected against this unsubstanciated theory. It is just a weak theory folks because there is absolutely "no proof" it's the MTL's fault. Yet there are countless reasons it's not the MTL and countless reasons why you shouldn't add FM to the fluid (expecially POS ATF) yet next to no one listens.

It gets to a point where, "what's the damn point! Nearly everyone is a closed minded lap dog!"

And what, we are close minded lap dogs because we aren't YOUR lapdogs! Additionally, how does my transmission have a neglected history.

Demon when you cracked your trans open what was the very LAST fluid you had run in it? Better question why aren't you running MTL now?

Stryped...you have ZERO credibility.

Ryan Trollin!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by pole120:
People don't start asking questions on what you should run. You're going to have to figure that out yourself.

Then don't make coments about our descision.

Can i get a reply on this?? \/

Originally posted by pole120:

edit:

I just picked up a ford TSB that states

*portions omitted*

"the new fluid (XT-M5-QS(1 L/quart)) is fully compatable wit hearlier (1995-2000 model year) transaxles and fluid. It is recomended that this new synthetic fluid(XT-M5-QS(1 L/quart)) be used exclusively in all model year MTX-75 transaxles when filling a full drqained unit, or when toppin off fluid level."

one question, there is no mentiuon of a "friction modifier", and can't recall what i all read.

is it not needed as opposed to what was stated earlier??

Syncromesh works perfectly as is while Ford's needs the LSD additive. Advantage Syncromesh.

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
#1380177 09/15/05 06:36 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y

This was sort of the point I was getting at. There aren't a lot of people on here that know their car's true maintenance history, which is why I asked for people who've owned their cars since new.

I do know that my transmission has been rebuilt twice for 3rd gear grind. The first rebuild was at ~34k miles, and the Ford recommended fluid was used. The second was at 52k miles, and I've had the Mercon ATF w/ FM for 32k miles, and it's held up a lot better than with the previous fluid. Not to mention this last build has seen it's most abuse with the 3L having been built at the same time as the tranny rebuild. I think I'm going to do a tranny flush and fill this winter, but the fluid I use is undecided.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1380178 09/15/05 06:36 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
In that case. I re-tract my comment. Still for some that have actual lives (unlike myself) they don't have the extra time to research.

Stryped still has no credibility.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Page 32 of 74 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard